[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Possible Future Recordings

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

What score would you like to get a brand new recording?
Jungle Book 18%  18%  [ 68 ]
Suspicion 6%  6%  [ 21 ]
The Man Who Knew Too Much 14%  14%  [ 54 ]
Face of a Fugitive/Black Patch 20%  20%  [ 76 ]
Strangers on a Train 9%  9%  [ 32 ]
The Haunting 12%  12%  [ 43 ]
Joan of Arc 13%  13%  [ 47 ]
Brute Force 9%  9%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 373
 Post subject: Re: Possible Future Recordings
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:10 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:43 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:01 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:10 pm 

• Jungle Book
• Face of a Fugitive/Black Patch
• Brute Force

"The Waltons" scores by Jerry Goldsmith with a new recording of Jerry Goldsmith's "The Homecoming: A Christmas Story"

Jerry Goldsmith TV movies - Prudence and the Chief, Crosscurrent, Lights Out, Crawlspace, Do Not Fold, Spindle or Mutilate

"Shamus" and "The Don is Dead" by Jerry Goldsmith

"Endless Night" by Bernard Herrmann

"Now, Voyager" by Max Steiner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:39 pm 

I'll purchase anything on that list. Having said that, my two choices were SUSPICION and STRANGERS ON A TRAIN and not because they are Hitchcock films but because both are exceptional dramatic scores in their own right and I'd like to hear more in digital sound than the suites and original fragments.

Looking beyond the impressive titles on the list, I'd love to first suggest THE MAGNIFICENT AMBERSONS due to the incredible job William Stromberg did with FAHRENHEIT 451 and WALKING DISTANCE. The Lasher re-recording is lacking in a number of respects and sometimes doesn't even sound like Herrmann to my ears. Some cues are clearly too fast, others too slow and the whole is lacking orchestral detail. Not, I know, a popular choice but there it is.

I'd also like to hear a complete ON DANGEROUS GROUND. Stromberg's BATTLE OF NERETVA shows what's possible and I'd love to hear his take on the expressive viola d'amour sections.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:36 am 

I wonder if it would be cost-effective to record more than one album at one session in Europe (score preparations, plane fairs, hotel, ....)?

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:01 am 

I dont know how much music can be dug up from 'Jungle Book' but 'Jacare' could fill out a CD issue quite nicely if there was not sufficient.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:12 am 

Black Patch / Face of a Fugitive. Of course.

Of course!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:30 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:36 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:10 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:17 am 

Since I see it hasn't been mentioned yet and it frequently makes it to these kinds of discusions... Rozsa's SAHARA would be wonderful. Full of that prime early 40s sound of his. I'm not sure how long it is so perhaps it could be paired with another short Rozsa if need be?

It's super exciting this project is funded, and I hope it's just the beginning of a long series! Congrats Intrada!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:00 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:47 am 

I agree with Doug Raynes about the Rozsa scores. Either Jungle Book or Brute Force would be great, but Rozsa's Oscar-winning A Double Life is long overdue.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:00 am 

If Intrada is bound and determined to carry on with Hitchcock scores, I'd much rather it be STRANGERS ON A TRAIN rather than SHADOW OF A DOUBT. In fact, a good friend of mine from McKeesport, PA (long a lurker and not a poster) and I would much prefer another Tiomkin score--HIS MAJESTY O'KEEFE. Of course the music score for that is probably long lost to the ages.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next