[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces DIAL M FOR MURDER Kickstarter Campaign

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces DIAL M FOR MURDER Kickstarter Campaign
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:11 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

DIAL M FOR MURDER - KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN
Music Composed by DIMITRI TIOMKIN
Conducted by WILLIAM T. STROMBERG

Alfred Hitchcock's decade-spanning career involved many top composers, resulting in some of the finest film music composed for the cinema. Many recordings of the earlier works haven't survived, making it impossible to enjoy them outside of their films. Intrada is embarking on a mission to record some of these scores, and you are instrumental in making this happen.

The initial recording is composer Dimitri Tiomkin's final collaboration with Alfred Hitchcock, the 1954 thriller Dial M for Murder. Intrada chose this title because of Tiomkin's striking score. It accentuates an elegant thriller and features the knock-out star power of Ray Milland, Robert Cummings, John Williams and Grace Kelly (her first of four productions with Hitchcock, and whose introduction to the director was facilitated by Tiomkin).

Your support for this recording not only helps make this recording possible, but encourages future campaigns for a series of recordings that could include Shadow of a Doubt, Strangers on a Train, Suspicion, The Man Who Knew Too Much and many many more possibilities. And that's just Hitchcock! With your continued support there is no limit to what we could do — Jungle Book, The Haunting, Joan of Arc, Face of a Fugitive, Black Patch — who knows where this can lead us. Each project is expensive and time intensive to put together, and we need your help to make this and future titles available. The cost of undertaking a reconstruction and new recording are too high to recuperate their costs through the normal way of doing business.

For this release, Intrada has engaged the highly esteemed William T. Stromberg, who previously created a stunning recording of Tiomkin's Red River. Stromberg previously recorded many scores for the Marco Polo label, including early works by Max Steiner and Hans Salter, and then with his own label, Tribute, that boasted recordings of Bernard Herrmann including Mysterious Island and Battle of Neretva. Stromberg knows classic film scores and knows first hand the complexity and nuances of Tiomkin's work, enabling him to deliver a stellar recording of Dial M for Murder.

Intrada itself has been involved in many restoration and recording projects, including three with the prestigious Sinfonia of London — Miklós Rózsa's Ivanhoe and Julius Caesar, and Bernard Herrmann's Jason and the Argonauts, not to mention later albums of Rozsa's brilliant Red House and Spellbound, recorded in Scotland and Bratislava respectively.

The score will be assembled with the assistance of Tiomkin expert Patrick Russ and the composer's own publishing company and recorded with the Slovak National Symphony Orchestra in the Slovak Radio Concert Hall.

Please join us on this journey to start recording some classic scores to legendary Alfred Hitchcock films. We can't make it without your support!

To participate in the campaign, please visit:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... d_projects

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces DIAL M FOR MURDER Kickstarter Campaign
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:44 pm 
A fairly bold move, even when considering the Hitchcock connection. The only thing keeping me from chipping in a few hundred dollars (instead of much less) is the uncertainty of a future recording of The Haunting. I get it: supporting this will increase those odds. But the concern is, even if this particular Kickstarter is successful, just how far down the line would The Haunting be? The further down the less likely for it to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:03 am 

Seems like you are going down the Tadlow route. Sounds like a good thing. I've signed-up for this one at a minimum level (single CD copy), cos I'm a pensioner in the UK. This film is shown on tv quite often in the form of a crisp sounding print, but only with mono sound rather than the stereo track used in the theatrical release in glorious 3-D too!.

I hope that a future release of Hondo could be possible. That is usually shown on tv here In STEREO, but it would be good to hear it without effects and dialogue.

I've not noticed how many discs the Dial M release would be ?, but as it seems wall-to-wall music I'm guessing 2 discs ?.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:58 am 

For some unexplained reason when I go to checkout my pledge, Kickstarter automatically keeps assigning me an incorrect email name or address and does not allow me to change it. I'd pledge but can't seem to get around this. There seems to be no way to get to an assigned profile to set it up either. Help, somebody.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:39 am 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:09 pm 

I got it figured out, Roger. Hope I make it "Number 75."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:35 pm 
Good momentum so far. If possible, I suggest a $10,000 option that offers one copy of every Special Collection album from the first to when number 500 is released. Someone with deep pockets just might like that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:09 pm 

Ok what other perks would you guys like to see, for future campaigns assuming this is successful? More/less schwag, what kind? More/less OOP titles? I dunno how feasible the ultimate collection set would be though...

And check out the videos from past Excalibur recording sessions!!!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... ts/2275680

"To all who come to this happy place; welcome."
"I'm your huckleberry."
"Well what you plan and what takes place ain't never been exactly similar."
"Pootingineous!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:22 am 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:58 am 

Hi Regina -- thanks for soliciting feedback on perks.

I'm only going in at the $25 level (sadly not a lot of disposable income, even if this were a score I was dying for I probably couldn't go above $100 tops), so my suggestion might not carry a great deal of weight, but here goes:

I agree with others to offer more rare OOP score options (even used/open things from the One-of-a-Kind section might be good to throw on as one-off perks, to raise extra capital for this). But I would go further and suggest offering some other "deal" bundles of *in print* score CDs, where perhaps you want to move some stock. Treat it as a sale in some ways, as Lukas Kendall did with his Skyfighter Kickstarter, offering FSM CDs at discount. If for $50 I got to pick three Intrada CDs (from a list of ones you have more stock on), with shipping included...that sort of thing would be appealing.

Yavar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:35 am 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:40 pm 

Will the high-resolution download of the recording be available for sale elsewhere, or is it exclusive to the Kickstarter?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:47 am 
The campaign has stalled with much less than 50% funding. More OOP perks advised.

It's a shame that only a "all-or-nothing" approach is workable.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:29 am 

Don't be such a pessimist yet. 15.000 euro in my opinion is already too much for such a niché hobby, so.. like. I'm surprised.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:26 pm 

That tends to generally happen in almost any KS campaign, but the last few days also have a LOT of activity.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next