Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Last Warrior (Kallis) - An Intrada Possibility?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:23 am 

I'm having a George Kallis day, listening to the few scores available by him, and having a blast. Kallis is one of the few current composers who writes music that has a certain magic and really resonates with me emotionally. One really beautiful score is The Last Warrior, a Russian Walt Disney production. The score is a slightly more modern take on the basis that can be heard in Kallis' scores for Albion or Gagarin. It's a thematically driven symphonic score, very effectively using the different sections of the orchestra and choir.

Right now, The Last Warrior is "only" availalble as download or stream, which of course is much better than nothing, and if this thread only leads to more people listining to this and other music by the composer, that's alright too. However, given Intrada's working relationship with Disney, I was wondering if a CD release coming from Intrada would be a possibility. Certainly something I wouldn't hesitate getting. Or is this more in the field of Moviescore Media, who released other Kallis CDs in the past?

Post subject: Re: The Last Warrior (Kallis) - An Intrada Possibility?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:26 am 
Woah, thanks for bringing this up. It took just a few samples for me to buy it. This is especially one for those who constantly complain about the lack of full-bodied, thematic orchestral scores today.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]