[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces James Horner's BALTO

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces James Horner's BALTO
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:34 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

BALTO
Music Composed and Conducted by JAMES HORNER
INTRADA ISC 414

Intrada announces its latest release from the canon of James Horner – the 1995 Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment animated feature, Balto. Balto was one of three animated films Horner scored for Steven Spielberg's Amblimation, the prior two being An American Tail: Fievel Goes West and We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story. Just as Spielberg endowed his animated features with grand cinematic qualities, so too did Horner score them with a broad symphonic sweep, writing in large musical paragraphs to enhance the films’ scope. Here the composer weaves just one principal theme throughout his score — a theme that proves remarkably malleable. But Horner treats it to so many variations involving pitch, rhythm, color and harmony that it is only with careful listening that one becomes aware of how pervasive it is. Animated films represent a relatively small portion of James Horner’s film score output (he scored 8 such projects), but reveal a large portion of his generous heart. His music for Balto engages our minds with its craft and captivates our hearts with its artistry, performed by the composer-led London Symphony Orchestra who brings Horner’s work to vibrant life.

At the time of the film's release, MCA released an album of highlights. For this Intrada presentation of the entire score, including several alternates, Intrada was provided access to the complete two-track stereo scoring session mixes, made by Shawn Murphy, on DATs provided by Universal Pictures.

Balto was inspired by true events. The real-life Balto, a Siberian husky, led the final dog team (of several) that delivered desperately needed diphtheria serum through over 600 miles of brutal January weather to Nome, Alaska, in 1925. The dog’s heroics made headlines and inspired the annual Iditarod sled race.

INTRADA ISC 414
Barcode: 7 20258 54140 6
Retail Price: $21.99
SHIPPING NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit:
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.11658/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces James Horner's BALTO
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:18 pm 

I have a weakness for Horner, but mostly his animated fare, and this was one of my dearest. Thank you Intrada.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:23 pm 

ORDERED!!! I can't believe it, my dream has finally come true! ^_^ I've been waiting for 6 years for someone to release Balto in expanded form. Doug, you and everyone at Intrada have come through with my Holy Grail. I cannot thank you all enough, from the bottom of my heart!

From listening to the samples, the score sounds so much better. I am remembering every scene the music plays in, and all of the nostalgia is coming back to me!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:42 pm 

A packed disc with one of my favorite Horner scores and no redundnat album? I am SO there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:47 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:57 am 

Intrada & Universal have really done us proud this year.
Great job to all involved.
This treatment sounds epic on every scale.
Such a shame that James is no longer with us, but THANK YOU ! Doug & gang for keeping his legacy alive.
I'm trusting there are plenty more Horner expansions to come, but for now I can't wait to enjoy Balto in all it's glory.

Ordered :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:08 am 

This is indeed one of the numerous James Horner's musical masterpieces. 1995 has certainly been his pinacle year with scores such as Braveheart, Apollo 13, Jumanji, Casper, and of course Balto. All of these scores have been written with a deep heart and a profound musical understanding of the emotions of all those characters. James Horner cared about people and therefore about their emotions. You can feel in Balto that James musically enhance the heart of this moving true story of the sled dogs that saved the lives of dying children, risking their own lives in the great cold. Sadly, this was the last animated feature he'd ever scored, which makes it even more special.
Special mention to Steve Bramson (Space Mountain) and Don Davis (The Matrix) gorgeous orchestrations.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:23 am 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:47 am 

http://jameshorner-filmmusic.com/balto- ... ve-review/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:32 am 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:21 am 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:18 am 

I initially griped about the "old album program " being included, but find them very useful now - for nostalgia & for when I only have 30-40mins and MUST hear 'Score X' right now - as well as having it prepped, no time spent picking/programming cues. I never assumed it was a cost-ploy, so if its warranted, keep it up Intrada.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:04 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]