Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Michael Kamen's ROBIN HOOD
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:19 am 

In the future, I would love to read an extensive write-up about the process of producing this score, as well as the process by which you guys assembled this incredible presentation. :) I imagine it would be a revelatory read, and possibly shed some light on the elusiveness of the missing cues. And on that note, I am holding out hope eternal that those cues DO show up!

Douglass Fake wrote:
Regarding the absent cues, it may help for listeners to realize at least some of them are the result of the unusually large number of orchestrators on this score listed by the AFM, who did some "ghost writing" to get the massive amount of music completed on time. So some of these pieces are really just adaptations of Kamen's material orchestrated by others to blend in with Kamen's actual work. Some of those cues appear to have been done separately and those rolls of tape appear to be AWOL. The execution drumming material was mostly done live to picture with on-screen extras and was not recorded during the orchestral scoring sessions. These sequences may have been done as "pre-records" during filming and might've been recorded wild long before actual scoring took place... but this is just my sort of educated guess. In this case Kamen might not have been involved. So Kamen's own actual score itself is pretty well represented. If any of these other items eventually do show up, we'll sort out what to do with them when that time may arise. :D
--Doug