Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Michael Kamen's ROBIN HOOD
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:44 am
Posts: 1502
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
azahid wrote:
Um... just waiting for the Loyalty point system to work and place my order.



Same here... or is it over?
Either way it would be good to know anything.

Unfortunately while I was waiting to get enough stuff together for an order... one of the most important titles has already vanished from the catalogue...

_________________
Czech Marco Beltrami Universe
Guy Farley website
Theodore Shapiro website
John Morris website
Dario Marianelli website


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Michael Kamen's ROBIN HOOD
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:20 pm
Posts: 421
Location: France
Fan-tas-tic release, thank you SO MUCH for this one. Ordered!

Lokutus wrote:
Unfortunately while I was waiting to get enough stuff together for an order... one of the most important titles has already vanished from the catalogue...


Which one is it, Lokutus of the Borg?

_________________
Rame Tep! Rame Tep! Rame Tep!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Michael Kamen's ROBIN HOOD
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:15 am
Posts: 25
Terrific release! Thanks to Intrada for getting this out. Kamen - this is yet another reminder as to why we miss you so much. A great composer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Michael Kamen's ROBIN HOOD
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:21 am
Posts: 115
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Lokutus wrote:
azahid wrote:
Um... just waiting for the Loyalty point system to work and place my order.



Same here... or is it over?
Either way it would be good to know anything.

Unfortunately while I was waiting to get enough stuff together for an order... one of the most important titles has already vanished from the catalogue...


They fixed it and I've just placed my order. All is good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Michael Kamen's ROBIN HOOD
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:03 pm
Posts: 265
A huge thank you to the whole Intrada team. Can’t wait to hear it.

And yes, there are few scores left that I personally consider “holy grails” and this one is at the top of the list.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Michael Kamen's ROBIN HOOD
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:47 pm
Posts: 3785
For those asking about completeness, here's what is missing that could not be found on any source, anywhere:

01M04 - And His Merry Men (5:08) DVD: 0:05:57 - 0:10:47

Plays from Robin and Azeem's budding friendship through the destruction of Locsley Manor.


02M02A - Arrow (1:15) DVD: 0:17:54 - 0:19:06

Plays as Robin saves the child in the tree from Gisborne. Sounds very much like a construct.


09M01A - "Wild Times" (:38) DVD: 1:19:45 - 1:20:23

The film version of the Jeff Lynne pop song from the album.


10M00B - "Medieval Dance Source #3" (1:12) DVD: 1:25:03 - 1:26:09


12M01 - "Marriage Plans / Robin's Alive" (4:53) DVD: 1:41:18 - 1:46:04

Plays from Sheriff's forced marriage proposal to Sheriff telling Marian Robin is Dead, to Robin's survival.


13M01C - Hangman's Drums (1:51) DVD: 1:57:00 - 1:57:55

Just a repeating drum pattern. Nothing special here.

There's also a little bit of music that starts right at the beginning of the end credits and plays for 20 seconds before the Bryan Adams song kicks in. It's definitely dropped in, and frankly the edit is really bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Michael Kamen's ROBIN HOOD
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:59 pm
Posts: 3
I think you're absolutely right about 02M02A - Arrow-- it sounds like a pitch-altered performance of 'Mayhem in Town.' The only missing bit that I truly miss is 'Marriage Plans/Robin's Alive.' Just a casualty of who knows what during the time the music's been stored away. Regardless... this release is a dream come true. The clarity of the sound, the trove of unreleased music-- it's amazing. And who knows? These missing elements have been known to pop up after a release has come and gone. We may get lucky one day. Thank you for this.



Roger Feigelson wrote:
For those asking about completeness, here's what is missing that could not be found on any source, anywhere:

01M04 - And His Merry Men (5:08) DVD: 0:05:57 - 0:10:47

Plays from Robin and Azeem's budding friendship through the destruction of Locsley Manor.


02M02A - Arrow (1:15) DVD: 0:17:54 - 0:19:06

Plays as Robin saves the child in the tree from Gisborne. Sounds very much like a construct.


09M01A - "Wild Times" (:38) DVD: 1:19:45 - 1:20:23

The film version of the Jeff Lynne pop song from the album.


10M00B - "Medieval Dance Source #3" (1:12) DVD: 1:25:03 - 1:26:09


12M01 - "Marriage Plans / Robin's Alive" (4:53) DVD: 1:41:18 - 1:46:04

Plays from Sheriff's forced marriage proposal to Sheriff telling Marian Robin is Dead, to Robin's survival.


13M01C - Hangman's Drums (1:51) DVD: 1:57:00 - 1:57:55

Just a repeating drum pattern. Nothing special here.

There's also a little bit of music that starts right at the beginning of the end credits and plays for 20 seconds before the Bryan Adams song kicks in. It's definitely dropped in, and frankly the edit is really bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Michael Kamen's ROBIN HOOD
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:38 pm
Posts: 1560
Location: Los Angeles, CA
What a great informative post, Roger! If I may be permitted a follow up out of curiousity...where is that end credits edit dropping in from? (If someone else knows feel free to answer.)

Yavar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Michael Kamen's ROBIN HOOD
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:47 pm
Posts: 3785
Yavar Moradi wrote:
What a great informative post, Roger! If I may be permitted a follow up out of curiousity...where is that end credits edit dropping in from? (If someone else knows feel free to answer.)

Yavar


Not sure. Those aren't my notes, they're from the person who provided the elements from the archive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Michael Kamen's ROBIN HOOD
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:38 pm
Posts: 1560
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Ah, got it. Thanks again; maybe someone else will chime in if they figure it out.

Yavar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Michael Kamen's ROBIN HOOD
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:06 am
Posts: 384
I believe the music for the End Credits is included in the first half of Track 16, disc 1.

It sounds very similar.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Michael Kamen's ROBIN HOOD
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:57 pm
Posts: 1
Hi all. New to the board (hi!) but I wanted to chime in and say how much I'm enjoying this fantastic release!

However, I did want to note... is there more music missing than was listed in the notes above? The bit from the climax where Little John's son is hanged and Robin rescues him (the first part is a lot of rising, suspenseful strings that would go UNDER the aforementioned "Hangman's Drums") seem to be absent as well? Granted, there was a lot of tracking in this score so maybe this was constructed in the editing room...or maybe I just missed something?

Whatever the answer is this is still a superb release. To finally have the final sword fight or the Celt battle is a huge huge treat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Michael Kamen's ROBIN HOOD
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:59 pm
Posts: 3
There may have been construction, around the moment that we hear Robin's fanfare (that dramatic shot of him standing firm after he severs the noose and the sheriff beholds him, although I don't really think so), but the tension building orchestrations over the hangman's drums and the lead up to the hanging are not present on the album. I think this piece is another casualty to what they weren't able to recover for this release. I think they'll be found one day, though; Intrada is incredible for their efforts; and for re-releasing albums when new elements are recovered. But, even if we never get the missing elements, you're absolutely right. This presentation is stellar. I can't stop listening.

mhen603 wrote:
Hi all. New to the board (hi!) but I wanted to chime in and say how much I'm enjoying this fantastic release!

However, I did want to note... is there more music missing than was listed in the notes above? The bit from the climax where Little John's son is hanged and Robin rescues him (the first part is a lot of rising, suspenseful strings that would go UNDER the aforementioned "Hangman's Drums") seem to be absent as well? Granted, there was a lot of tracking in this score so maybe this was constructed in the editing room...or maybe I just missed something?

Whatever the answer is this is still a superb release. To finally have the final sword fight or the Celt battle is a huge huge treat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Michael Kamen's ROBIN HOOD
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:51 pm
Posts: 1
Hi All! Another one new to the board!

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to Intrada for this magnificent album release! Have waited 26 years for this!

Thank you for the list of missing music. There is a little heroic theme/Fanfare for when Robin swings across the trees - was expecting it in Celt Battle. Was it an overlay or a piece tracked in from elsewhere?

Brilliant release!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group