[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Which Jerry Goldsmith Album Do You Want Most?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which Jerry Goldsmith Album Do You Want Most?
The Reincarnation of Peter Proud 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
The Don Is Dead 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Shamus 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Thriller (original recordings) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mulan (expanded) 30%  30%  [ 7 ]
The Other (expanded) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Mummy (expanded) 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Small Soldiers (expanded) 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Other (mention in thread) 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 23
 Post subject: Which Jerry Goldsmith Album Do You Want Most?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:45 pm 
Answer the frickin' question. Results will be tallied and used for no purposes whatsoever.

Post subject: Re: Which Jerry Goldsmith Album Do You Want Most?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:30 am 

I voted "other" because more than any of those mentioned, I want a new complete recording twofer of Black Patch & Face of a Fugitive, two wonderful and overlooked western scores, otherwise lost (the written scores survive in the Academy archives though) and historically important as his first and third feature scores.

In fact I even went so far as to write overly-hopeful "Advance Liner Notes" for both scores, watching the film and doing a complete score breakdown with track by track notes for each:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7404
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6958

As far as expanding on original tracks, there are four Fox projects which I'd love to get in as complete a form as possible, all truncated on Varese's Goldsmith at Fox box:
The Chairman (or a complete new recording if tapes are lost)
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (according to zooba at FSM Varese released around half of a half hour score)
Anna and the King (would love everything written for this very short series, including by other composers like Richard Shores, along the lines of LLL's Planet of the Apes TV 2 disc release)
S*P*Y*S (I find it tons of fun -- so sue me -- and want the whole thing complete plus John Scott's score as well if possible)

Yavar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:49 am 

My vote is also for "Other." (Not THE OTHER.) I'd like to see PETER PROUD or SHAMUS on that list issued; but I've already gotten by for more than 40 years without them. I didn't care for THE DON IS DEAD back then, except for a classically poignant Goldsmith climactic action cue that precedes a supporting character's death. (I recall the effect and flavor of "The Trap" from THE LAST RUN.) And not to brag, but I already own the Oscar promo for MULAN ... which I expect Disney Legacy will bring out next year for its 20th anniversary anyway.

No -- at this point what I'd most appreciate -- if it's possible, and if any label could find it commercially viable -- would be an expansion of THE MEPHISTO WALTZ. But frankly, since I'm still trying to ingest the simultaneous blessings of DAMNATION ALLEY and THE HAUNTING (which Deluxe Edition is revelatory, because its initial 30-minute edition never appealed to me), I'm not really dwelling on prospective never-never releases yet.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:26 pm 

If it is possible, I would like to see maybe a small box set of some obscure film and tv scores by jerry goldsmith.

Black Patch
The Terrorists
Crawlspace
Lights Out
The Expendables

as well as any other score that might be had.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:05 am 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:08 am 

Mulan.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:21 am 

Pursuit
Shamus
Indict and Convict

I fear chances for these three are zero. Who would re-record these? Possibly something could be done with other sources like stems. Wishful thinking... :wink:

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:53 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:09 pm 

I voted for Reincarnation of Peter Proud (which doesn't seem too likely at this point, but I was tempted to pick "Other" since I would love to have Raggedy Man and not pay a fortune for it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:11 am 

A remastered TWILIGHT'S LAST GLEAMING from Intrada would make me very ,very happy!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:25 pm 

Interesting poll... though I didn't vote because my personal choices appear to be way out in left field: The Man (1972), a TV movie starring James Earl Jones as the POTUS and The Waltons TV series, particularly the 1972 episode, "The Star" and the 1973 episode, "The Love Story". And, yes, crowd-funding is an idea tossed about back here in the office.
--Doug

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:11 am 

Tadlow's success at raising £40,000 for King Of Kings must have raised a few eyebrows and shown that such ventures can be successful.

I assume those titles that Doug mentions above are all missing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:32 pm 

Mulan AINEC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:45 am 
Mulan is the favorite so far. Goldsmith's last truly great score as far as I'm concerned.

That said, I must give some vocal support for Small Soldiers. It is a highly entertaining score with lots for Varese to expand on.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:22 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next