Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Fox sells movie studio to Disney?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 516
Location: Darwen, UK
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-fox-walt-disney/fox-held-talks-to-sell-most-of-company-to-disney-cnbc-idUSKBN1D62GU

_________________
Grail: ONE OF OUR DINOSAURS IS MISSING (Ron Goodwin)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox sells movie studio to Disney?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 pm
Posts: 3044
Interesting, I suppose. I wouldn't be surprised if ten years from now only two companies were to own all of the major studios.

Now time to buy some more stock...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox sells movie studio to Disney?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 516
Location: Darwen, UK
T. Newman Fan wrote:
Interesting, I suppose. I wouldn't be surprised if ten years from now only two companies were to own all of the major studios.

Now time to buy some more stock...


At the rate Disney are going, they'll own every US movie studio by 2030 and Intrada will be the only label able to release stuff!

_________________
Grail: ONE OF OUR DINOSAURS IS MISSING (Ron Goodwin)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox sells movie studio to Disney?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 pm
Posts: 3044
litefoot wrote:
T. Newman Fan wrote:
Interesting, I suppose. I wouldn't be surprised if ten years from now only two companies were to own all of the major studios.

Now time to buy some more stock...


At the rate Disney are going, they'll own every US movie studio by 2030 and Intrada will be the only label able to release stuff!

If they so desired, I'm sure that Varese could work with the people at Disney on releasing older soundtracks. The label has a history releasing albums here and there for new Disney-owned films. There's nothing to indicate that the privilege is entirely exclusive to Intrada.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox sells movie studio to Disney?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 516
Location: Darwen, UK
Wall Street Journal says the deal is now dead. Other outlets say it's just on hold.

_________________
Grail: ONE OF OUR DINOSAURS IS MISSING (Ron Goodwin)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox sells movie studio to Disney?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 pm
Posts: 3044
The deal is inching ever closer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox sells movie studio to Disney?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 516
Location: Darwen, UK
T. Newman Fan wrote:
The deal is inching ever closer.


It's looking increasingly likely, isn't it?

From a score fan point of view, would it mean the Fox vaults become closed to everyone except Intrada?

_________________
Grail: ONE OF OUR DINOSAURS IS MISSING (Ron Goodwin)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox sells movie studio to Disney?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 pm
Posts: 3044
litefoot wrote:
T. Newman Fan wrote:
The deal is inching ever closer.


It's looking increasingly likely, isn't it?

From a score fan point of view, would it mean the Fox vaults become closed to everyone except Intrada?

I suspect that no one knows for sure right now, not even the people at Disney. They let so few older soundtracks trickle out as it is, and the company's focus will be on using these newly acquired assets for increasingly popular video streaming service.

It's a new world out there in entertainment, and not one that we should be entirely comfortable with when it comes to overall economic implications.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox sells movie studio to Disney?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 516
Location: Darwen, UK
Walt Disney buys Murdoch's Fox for $52bn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42353545

_________________
Grail: ONE OF OUR DINOSAURS IS MISSING (Ron Goodwin)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox sells movie studio to Disney?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 pm
Posts: 3044
A much better deal for shareholders than I had anticipated. It will be interesting to see how the expected Disney vs. Netflix streaming battle plays out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox sells movie studio to Disney?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 516
Location: Darwen, UK
T. Newman Fan wrote:
A much better deal for shareholders than I had anticipated. It will be interesting to see how the expected Disney vs. Netflix streaming battle plays out.


I'm still interested to find out if Fox scores are now Intrada territory only.

_________________
Grail: ONE OF OUR DINOSAURS IS MISSING (Ron Goodwin)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox sells movie studio to Disney?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:01 pm
Posts: 138
litefoot wrote:
T. Newman Fan wrote:
A much better deal for shareholders than I had anticipated. It will be interesting to see how the expected Disney vs. Netflix streaming battle plays out.


I'm still interested to find out if Fox scores are now Intrada territory only.




My thoughts too. Is this the end of Fox film scores?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox sells movie studio to Disney?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:15 am
Posts: 21
Interesting development. I, too, wonder how it will affect releases in the future - if at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox sells movie studio to Disney?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 pm
Posts: 3044
litefoot wrote:
I'm still interested to find out if Fox scores are now Intrada territory only.

The Fox archive is well represented anyway. We all have our wants from there, but there is plenty of stuff that escaped.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox sells movie studio to Disney?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 516
Location: Darwen, UK
T. Newman Fan wrote:
litefoot wrote:
I'm still interested to find out if Fox scores are now Intrada territory only.

The Fox archive is well represented anyway. We all have our wants from there, but there is plenty of stuff that escaped.


What do you mean by escaped?

_________________
Grail: ONE OF OUR DINOSAURS IS MISSING (Ron Goodwin)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nsbulk and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group