[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Carter Burwell's PSYCHO III

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Carter Burwell's PSYCHO III
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:59 pm 

INTRADA Announces

PSYCHO III
Music Composed and Arranged by CARTER BURWELL
INTRADA ISC 453

Intrada's first release of 2021 features the complete score to the 1986 Universal feature Psycho III with music by Carter Burwell. Norman Bates star himself, Anthony Perkins, took over directing duties and wanted a music approach that diverged from the previous Psycho films. Having been impressed with Burwell's score to Blood Simple, Perkins thought Burwell could provide the different sound for which he was looking. Burwell wrote a score performed primarily on the Synclavier, with additional live percussion, piano, saxophone and both women's and boy's choirs, taking heed of Perkins' guidance to avoid a strict traditional approach. Following in the footsteps of Herrmann and Goldsmith was no small task, but Burwell delivered a distinctive approach all his own and a perfect fit for the story in this next chapter of Norman Bates' life. The studio asked for a pop single as well, and the composer partnered with Stanton Miranda and Steve Bray to develop a song called "Scream of Love."

Released on MCA Records at the time of the film's theatrical run, the album featured dialog, excerpts from the score and source music. For this two CD-set, Intrada presents all the music Burwell recorded for Psycho III, in chronological sequence on the first disc. The second disc features the original MCA program, as well as all the different versions of "Scream of Love" recorded before finalizing the version he wanted to move into production. All this sourced from the 1/2" and 1/4" elements stored at Universal Studios.

The film begins mere weeks after the events of Psycho II, with a dark screen and an anguished woman’s voice crying out, “There is no God!” The voice belongs to Maureen Coyle, a novice nun plagued by doubts about her vocation, whose suicide attempt goes tragically awry for one of her fellow sisters. Fleeing the convent, Maureen finds herself at the Bates Motel, where another failed suicide attempt leads to an unexpected bond with Norman, who is haunted by Maureen’s resemblance to Marion Crane, the woman he killed decades earlier. Two newcomers jeopardize their relationship—Duane Duke, a sleazy would-be musician whom Norman hires as a desk clerk, and Tracy Venable, a journalist unconvinced that Norman has put his murderous ways behind him. Norman’s conflicted feelings toward Maureen lead to more murders, and at the end he willingly allows himself to be returned to the madhouse. But Mother still has her grip on him.

INTRADA ISC 453
Barcode: 720258545305
Retail Price: $29.99
Starts Shipping Week of 1/12
For track listing and sound samples, please visit http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.12171/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Carter Burwell's PSYCHO III
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:52 pm 

Awesome work. All of those "Scream of Love" variations alone have me sold on this.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:37 pm 

Ordered. Can we get Psycho II re-printed now, please?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:23 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:11 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:04 am 

I finally received my copy of "Psycho III" yesterday! I ordered it the day it was released back in January but owing to a desperately poor postal system in my country, it has taken this long to reach me... :roll:

This morning, I placed both CDs into my 5 disc changer as well as Jerry Goldsmith's score for "Psycho II" (I thought I would make a spectacular event out of it) and sat back to take it all in. The incredible job the folks at Intrada have done with Carter Burwell's impressive score is worthy of eternal praise. It sounds fantastic over my system! I also have to admit it is a dream come true to own this score as I have been craving a complete presentation of it ever since my first viewing of the film, many many moons ago... :lol:

So, thank you guys for the superb work on this score and for all that you do for the lovers of film music who would do almost anything for these complete scores. If it weren't for you then... well, let's just say the world would be a far less interesting place to inhabit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:24 pm 

My comments on this excellent release that was also a grail for me:
https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php? ... nt-1796433

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:29 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:22 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]