[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Basil Poledouris' CONAN THE BARBARIAN

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Basil Poledouris' CONAN THE BARBARIAN
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:00 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

CONAN THE BARBARIAN
Composed and Conducted by BASIL POLEDOURIS
INTRADA MAF 7123

Basil Poledouri's score to the 1982 Universal film Conan the Barbarian remains the most impressive amongst his body of work. Poledouris delivered an impressive schematic of driving rhythm, charged strings and muscular brass that propelled the movie forward like the hammer of the gods. For almost the first thirty minutes the music appears continuous, the various themes and motifs ebbing and flowing, dovetailing seamlessly. Playing for long stretches against dialogue-free visuals, the score completely creates the sound of Cimmeria—a credible world for Conan to inhabit, the music representing his inner turmoil, confusion, and rage.

For this new, definitive release of Conan The Barbarian, Intrada’s 3-CD set is a box of delights even for those who know this fabulous music inside and out. Recorded in Italy by two separate orchestras and remixed from the original 24-track multi-track masters, it is now presented in a way that would make even Basil proud; it shines with a new clarity, a resonance and breadth of scope that makes the whole experience feel fresh and vibrant. The original soundtrack album and its subsequent reissues from 1/4" masters always had a “pinched” quality to them. And this definitive Intrada set contains a host of alternates and unheard treasures. Just in time for the 30th anniversary of the film’s release, this new collection of everything Basil recorded for the film is an emotional high—pure joy for collectors and cultists everywhere.

In the film, Thulsa Doom (James Earl Jones) leads a charge on Conan’s (Arnold Schwarzenegger) village and the young Conan watches while his father is eaten alive by dogs, and his mother is beheaded. Conan is taken into slavery and harnessed to the Wheel of Pain where he pushes the mill’s grindstone, endlessly building his muscles and anger. Freed under mysterious circumstances, he pursues his thirst for revenge, and in cahoots with Subotai (Gerry Lopez) and Valeria (Sandahl Bergman), he plots the downfall of Thulsa Doom.

INTRADA MAF 7123
Retail Price: $29.99
Available Now
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7716/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Basil Poledouris' CONAN THE BARBARIAN
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:11 pm 

The GREATEST MUSIC EVER MADE is finally here with a fabolous 3 disc from you know whom :)
Thanks all involved for releasing this original music in its complete form...

I´m going apeshxt here waiting for it to enter my crib and my speakers...
INTRADA, this single release earns you the king of all labels reward 2012...THANX!!!

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:18 pm 

Ordered!! Thanks to all involved for this fantastic release!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:44 pm 
Hmmm I don't know................... :wink:

Whoa-Hoooo soooo ordered. Thanks so much Intrada!

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:49 pm 
Wow. Just the samples are a lot to absorb. This is one of very few "unlimited" releases that I just had to get immediately.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:49 pm 

Congratulations, Intrada. A job well done, it seems, indeed! Thank you so much for working so relentlessly on these newly found tapes. I am very much looking forward to what many would consider to be Basil's magnum opus. I would love to offer a warm and extensive thank you to Universal Pictures, UMG, John Milus and his producers, Nick Redman, Joe Sikoyak, and all those in conjunction to the steps necessary to make this album possible, including the orchestral players. Also, thank you to the hard working crew in those vaults (whomever they are!) for finding these tapes. And finally, one more--truly special--thank you to Basil. Your music has continued to delight us well past your efforts to do so, and I sincerely hope you are somewhere... still hearing those beautiful sounds. You really are--not were--one of my favorite composers; always will be. Here's to you, your family, your memory, your magical pencil, maestro!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:29 pm 

The samples are stunning and beyond superior to the previous release's sound quality. The wait has been well worth it. Thanks to Intrada and everyone that had a hand in creating such an epic release.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:44 pm 

Thank you for doing this for me..... I mean us fans!!!!!!!!!

Now please bring on HIGHLANDER!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:50 am 

Doug,

I know that this was somewhat of a personal quest for you & oh man were you triumphant.
This release is absolutely astonishing & packs a punch just like Conan himself. What a year it has been for INTRADA
I would like to say a massive thank you to yourself & Roger & all involved who made this one possible.
Of course without a doubt a special mention goes out to Basil who gave us this fantastic music in the first place.
This will get some serious play & will be rocking the heavens so the great Poledouris can hear it too
So needless to say this is so ordered
I just hope now that Red October defects to INTRADA where she belongs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:02 am 

To all involved, especially Team Intrada: Thanks for this Crom pleasing three-pounder — outstanding! Ordered right away in the middle of the night. Here's hoping it arrives before the Christmas tree gets finally lit. :P

I don't envy those packing hamsters by the way ... :oops:

Again: Thanks a bunch!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:01 am 

Is this score any good?

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:14 am 

WOW!!! Now that's what I call a christmas gift! Thanks a lot to all you Intrada folks for this great release!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:18 am 

Roger/Doug, did you guys or Universal ever float the idea of including their 100th Anniversary banner on the top of the cover art?

Last edited by Jay on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:29 am 

For me, Poledouris' CONAN THE BARBARIAN may be the most luxurious and operatic score ever.

No doubt that the fact that this cult movie contains little dialogue has increased the room for maneuver that Poledouris was able to get in order to build a score of such a scale and also has increased its impact on the audience when we discovered the film.
I lack words to describe my joy and gratitude for this edition for which samples foreshadow a tenfold listening pleasure. Thank you, thank you everyone involved!

Now, may Crom watch over Jeff and the hamsters!

Oh... I forgot: ordered of course!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:10 pm 

I'm glad I waited to get this score - this one is ordered - looking forward to getting it.

Thanks to Universal, Doug, Roger & the Intrada team for getting this out to us...:-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next