[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The Cinematic Sound Radio Show On-Demand... A New Era

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Cinematic Sound Radio Show On-Demand... A New Era
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:56 am 

A New Era

On September 9th, 2006 the Cinematic Sound Radio Show turned 10 years old. September 9th, 2006 would also mark the final FM broadcast of the Cinematic Sound Radio Show. Why did the show go off the air? Let me explain.

On July 3rd 2006 my wife gave birth to our first child, a wonderful baby boy that we named Liam Harrison Woods. So, like most parents I had to reorganize my life to accommodate the arrival of the new bundle of joy. As some of you know, newborn’s take up every moment of your free time so things like hanging out with old high school buddies, playing the occasional road hockey game after work and simple things like watching a movie take a back seat. And one other thing that was going to have to take a back seat was my radio show. I didn’t want to admit it at first telling friends and family that I should have no problem continuing with my three hour show every Saturday… well… I soon realized just how precious those 3 hours were going to be. I felt that if I continued with my show I would miss out bonding with my new son. I also wanted to give my wife a break from taking care of Liam all by herself for most of the work week. So with all this happening I began to write my resignation letter informing C101.5 that after my 10th anniversary program in September I would be leaving the station for good.

But as I was writing I knew that I wasn’t going to be giving up Cinematic Sound for good. I still planned on producing an On-Demand program for my web site which takes only a few hours to produce at home. Well, that got me thinking. Why not kill two birds with one stone. I thought that I could just send my new On-Demand programs to C101.5, they could upload the programs to the automated WAVE station and play my program during its regularly scheduled time slot. I mean, isn’t that what the WAVE station is for? I don’t HAVE to be on the air live but yet my show can still air LIVE.

Well, unfortunately this plan didn’t work for C101.5. Below is the complicated explanation as to why Cinematic Sound couldn’t be a pre-recorded program.

Wave Station has a "Time Next" feature which is applied to an audio file that you want to launch at a specific time. "Time Next" allows the current audio file to finish playing first. The problem here is that C101.5 would have to program the Cinematic Sound "Time Next" file into all of our playlist backup logs because they would have no way of knowing what log would be running at 12 Noon on Saturdays when nobody is in the station. What would happen then is, the Cinematic Sound files could fire at any other day at 12 Noon should we be in Playlist Backup mode.

So, with the size of my pre-recorded files, the very real possibility of nobody at the station to launch my show and because C101.5 feels they have a better radio station when they have live hosts doing their thing every day it was obvious that Cinematic Sound was going to have to die on terrestrial radio.

So with that Cinematic Sound is now only available exclusively On-Demand at the revamped Cinematic Sound Radio Show web site.

http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound

As you may have noticed I haven’t uploaded a new show since August 31st. I took most of September off, recording new shows, editing old programs (more on that later) and re-organizing and re-designing my web page… and of course taking care of Liam. Well, it’s now October and I’m proud to officially launch the brand new Cinematic Sound Radio Show On-Demand. Actually, it’s not all that different; the programs are still 3 hours long, I’m still your host and I’m still striving to produce the best damn soundtrack radio show on the planet. The only REAL difference is that you can no longer hear the show every Saturday from 12-3pm on C101.5 in Hamilton.

Now, I hope you all can still join me every week… or every other week… for brand new programming. And as mentioned earlier I’m going into the archives and digging up old shows such as the Jerry Goldsmith and Elmer Bernstein tribute program and will be uploading them to a special Cinematic Sound “From The Vault’sâ€

Join our Patreon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:54 am 

October 26, 2006 UPDATE:

The On-Demand Show for this week is now on-line. Go to...

http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound/

...to hear the “New and Recent CD Releases - Part I" program. On the program this week you will hear music from ALL THE KING'S MEN (Horner), THE BLACK DAHLIA (Isham), THE ANT BULLY (Debney), MONSTER HOUSE (Pipes), FLICKA (Zigman), LOST: SEASON 2 (Giacchino), FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS (Eastwood), WORLD TRADE CENTER (Armstrong) and many more.

Playlist
http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound ... 26_06.html

If you have any problems listening the show please e-mail us at cinematicsound@yahoo.com.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

Join our Patreon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]