Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's POLTERGEIST II
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:14 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
I got several issues of POLTERGEIST II, the original LP, the Varèse Deluxe, and the Kritzerland, so I feel quite set and never felt the need to pick up the Intrada (hey, I am cutting down on buying the same stuff over and over again. :-) )

In any case, I never minded the (intense/dry) sound of the Varèse Deluxe to begin with, the Kritzerland has more air around the music and sounds more natural, so if I can keep only one of the two, it would be that one. Seems the dynamic range is bigger too, though I have not compared them 1:1 next to each other. I just prefer to put on a recording and listen to it and enjoy it. I got the Kritzerland comparatively late (after the Intrada already came out), but ever since I don't feel like picking up another copy of that score; I don't see what could be improved?

In any case, nevertheless, this is one great score and I think it is excellent that Intrada keeps in in circulation. Definitely a must buy if you don't have it yet.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 10:05 pm 

I now only bump the Intrada 3cd, due to their handling of 'The Astral' , that final reel.

Given my druthers, had I not sold it....the 53min Intrada Ltd. from 1993 was really the best, last word on this score, and the one I wish I kept over everything.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:17 am 

I bought the Kritzerland when it had sold out and off the secondarary market. I thought it was very good improvement over the Varese expansion. Then Intrada reissued it. I only bought the 3cd becuase of the differeing mixes and the solid debate between Bruce and Doug Fake on the boards. Ive yet to open my set...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2