[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Favorite vocals on a film score release?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Favorite vocals on a film score release?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:42 pm 

What are some of your favorite vocal tracks on a film score release?

Some tracks that came to mind without searching through my cd's.

"To Love and Be Loved" - Swept From the Sea (John Barry)
"Gold" - Gold (Elmer Bernstein)
"The Cincinnati Kid" - The Cincinnati Kid (Lalo Schifrin)
"Diamonds are Forever" - Diamonds are Forever (John Barry)
"End Title Track" - Ballad of Little Joe" (David Mansfield)
"O'Reilly's Daughter" - Shout at the Devil (Maurice Jarre)

Post subject: Re: Favorite vocals on a film score release?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:23 pm 
Way too many come to mind. A couple didn't even make it into the actual films.

"The Ballad of High Noon" - High Noon (Dimitri Tiomkin)
"In the City" - The Warriors (Barry DeVorzon)
"Tomorrow Is the Song I Sing" - The Ballad of Cable Hogue (Jerry Goldsmith)
"The Crimes of Cain" - To Kill a Priest (Georges Delerue)
"Money Is" - $ (Quincy Jones)
"Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries" - The Dogs of War (Geoffrey Burgon)
"White Lightning Ballade" - White Lightning (Charles Bernstein)
"Gold" - Gold (Elmer Bernstein)
"The Cincinnati Kid" - The Cincinnati Kid (Lalo Schifrin)
"Tell Me Now (What You See)" - King Arthur (Hans Zimmer)
"High Plains Drifter" - High Plains Drifter (Dee Barton)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:15 pm 

Fraulein D' Cup (The Story That Had To Be Told) -Neal Hefti (Boeing Boeing)

Sung by Neal Hefti...

"Fraulein D' Cup has a shape that inspires the guys, she's so stacked up she can bust you right between the eyes. When she hiccups they shake and they shimmer and twirl but no matter what anyone says about her she's all girl." :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:01 pm 

Some of MY favorites:
"Nights Are Forever" (Goldsmith) TZ-TM
"It's a Long Road" (Goldsmith) First Blood
"When You've Gone Away"(Goldsmith) Babe Man, I can't listen to this without crying uncontrollably. One of the most moving songs ever!
"Gravity"(Sembello) Cocoon Yes... I'm the only person on the planet who likes this song!
"Tomorrow is the Song I Sing" (Goldsmith) The Ballad of Cable Hogue
"Wild Rovers" (Goldsmith) I prefer the one his daughter Ellen performed for the RERECORDING.
This wasn't part of Goldsmith's score, but that beautiful rendition of his theme to Powder that Sarah Brightman sang called "No one Like You". When the choir comes in underneath her vocal, I lose it every time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:16 am 

Easy Baby (99 & 44 /100% Dead)

Move 'Em Out (Revenge Of The Pink Panther)

The humorous stuff seems to appeal to me more than the dramatic, emotional songs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:20 am 

"It Goes Like it Goes" - Norma Rae (David Shire)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:09 pm 

These constitute my favorites. I can't narrow the list, because I deeply love each of these ... some for many years.)

1) THE BALLAD OF CABLE HOGUE (Goldsmith): "Tomorrow Is the Song I Sing"
2) UNA BREVE STAGIONE (Morricone): title song
3) DAVID AND BATHSHEBA (A. Newman): "The 23rd Psalm" end title
4) THE DOVE (Barry): "Sail the Summer Winds"
5) GOLDFINGER (Barry): title song
6) INTERLUDE (Delerue): title song (only on LP as far as I know, but Timi Yuro's album performance is superior to the film version)
7) LEGEND (Goldsmith): "My True Love's Eyes" (album version)
8) LILI (Kaper): "Hi-Lili, Hi-Lo"
9) THE LORD OF THE RINGS - THE TWO TOWERS (Shore): "Gollum's Song"
10) MONTE WALSH (Barry): "The Good Times Are Comin'" (Monte Alone)
11) PINOCCHIO (Harline): "When You Wish Upon a Star"
12) ROMEO AND JULIET (Rota): "What Is a Youth?" (Love Theme)
13) SEBASTIAN (Goldsmith): "Comes the Night" (both album and film versions, for different reasons)
14) TO SIR, WITH LOVE (London): title song

(What's with that smirk beside LILI above? I didn't put it there but also can't get it out.)

Last edited by Steven Lloyd on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:39 pm 

Somewhere Out There, My Heart Will Go on, A Whole New World.
And virtually everything by James Horner and Alan Menken, the two best song writers that ever existed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:50 am 

Meet Me Half way and In This Country from OVER THE TOP

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:35 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]