[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces David Newman's DUCKTALES: THE MOVIE

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces David Newman's DUCKTALES: THE MOVIE
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:14 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:45 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:40 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:23 am 

Yeah.. I think it's just that I can't afford it. But I promised, and I will buy them one day.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:13 am 

Ok

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:18 am 

Longtime forum lurker here popping in to say thank you for releasing this great soundtrack. I just ordered a copy and can't wait to get it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:19 am 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:17 am 

Huge DuckTales fan here, want to express my gratitude for this spectacular release. The music in the movie is absolutely sublime, and this release truly does it justice, be it in terms of presentation or the pristine sound quality. Thank you so much to everyone at Intrada and Disney for blessing us fans with this release! :D

I too would like to second the request for a release of Ron Jones' incredible score to the DuckTales TV series soundtrack. It is one of the earliest scores which turned me into a film music fan, and I have been craving for a proper release of the music as long as I can remember. It would really be a dream come true for all of us fans. Please do consider it. Thank you! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:56 am 

Listening to it right now, what a great great adventure score ! It brings back some wonderful memories from ages ago, but I also discover some brand new things I couldn't hear in the movie, as the music in the movie appears to be sometimes drowned in the dialogues and sound fx. AND one graal down ! Thanks Intrada and maestro Newman !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:08 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:43 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:56 am 

I'm enjoying giving this a spin. As a big 1980s cartoon fan, it was pleasing to see it get released.
It's also my first purchase of a David Newman score.

The first track - Coming In For a Landing - reminds me very much of John Williams' music for Indiana Jones. I don't know whether that was intentional or not. I get that impression in some later tracks, too.

I was intrigued to read in the liner notes that the film was partially animated in the United Kingdom. I figured all the animation would be done at Disney HQ in Burbank, California. Also the musicians roster has two harpists - which tracks have harp?

I just hope and pray this is selling well, because it could make or break future potential releases from the Disney TV stable. This title has been asked for often enough and it would be heartbreaking to see it fail.

If it does well, then a highlights package of the Duck Tales TV series would be very welcome.

And if *that* does well, then I shall start beating the Tale Spin/Gummi Bears/Rescue Rangers drum. Although that's getting far ahead of myself.

If anyone is sitting on the fence over this one... please buy it! This is as close as Intrada have come to releasing a TV animated score. It NEEDS to be supported. As I said above - sales could determine Intrada's interest in future projects like this. And they're the ONLY label who can do them.

I don't want to see another Twilight Zone situation where future releases are categorically ruled out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:41 pm 

Buying the score -- which is of course worthy of all the praise -- caused me to watch the movie, something I should have done long ago as a big fan of the TV series,. It's extremely rare a score release would trigger this for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:13 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:01 am 

Within three days of this being released, it was uploaded to ffshrine. How utterly depressing.

Small soundtrack labels spend many thousands putting effort in to get these CDs out and then hundreds of people download it for free.

If this practice carries on, there won't be any labels left.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next