Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces David Newman's DUCKTALES: THE MOVIE
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:48 pm 

litefoot wrote:
Within three days of this being released, it was uploaded to ffshrine. How utterly depressing.

Small soundtrack labels spend many thousands putting effort in to get these CDs out and then hundreds of people download it for free.

If this practice carries on, there won't be any labels left.

It's always been going on. I always boggle when I read posts like this as if it's somehow unexpected....or to assume that that one site is somehow special a place it happens to. It's very doubtful it happening now is likely to affect anything more than it happening five years ago (in fact, I've read a lot of people claim that in the past few years they pirate music LESS because of the ease of Spotify, et al. to listen to things for free or extremely cheap legitly)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:41 am 

TerraEpon wrote:
litefoot wrote:
Within three days of this being released, it was uploaded to ffshrine. How utterly depressing.

Small soundtrack labels spend many thousands putting effort in to get these CDs out and then hundreds of people download it for free.

If this practice carries on, there won't be any labels left.

It's always been going on. I always boggle when I read posts like this as if it's somehow unexpected....or to assume that that one site is somehow special a place it happens to. It's very doubtful it happening now is likely to affect anything more than it happening five years ago (in fact, I've read a lot of people claim that in the past few years they pirate music LESS because of the ease of Spotify, et al. to listen to things for free or extremely cheap legitly)

FFshrine is more culpable than anywhere else, because it's very accessible, popular and high up the list of Google Search results. They first came to my notice in 2010 when Lukas Kendall was furious they'd uploaded the entire Next Gen Ron Jones boxset.

They need to be stamped out. PERMANENTLY. While Intrada may not have the resources to do anything, an appeal to Disney could help. They're not short of a penny or two.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:55 pm 

I got animationsource.org to announce this CD in their latest update. Not enough publicity from cartoon websites for this title... I will see if i can get some other sites to mention it.

https://www.animationsource.org/hub/en/comments/WN-22-Boss-Baby-Captain-Underpants-DuckT/3965.html