[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - 2016: Intrada's best release

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: 2016: Intrada's best release
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:03 am 

... was for me Hurry Sundown! :D

That one was pretty unexpected.

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

Post subject: Re: 2016: Intrada's best release
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:31 pm 

The Rescuers Down Under, without a doubt ! :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:50 pm 

For many collectors I expect there is one monumental release that dwarfed everything else during 2016.

Judged by musical execution, breadth of scale, audio quality, brilliance of production, the beauty of its elaborate booklet's layout design and superbly informed (and informative) notes, and by its sheer importance to film-music history, Intrada's restoration and box-set resurrection of one single score -- including all of its separate commercial-LP editions -- towers above the rest of this year's output from all other labels.

It is Elmer Bernstein's THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.

So was it written. So has it been done.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:51 pm 

Another Great year of releases from Intrada (as usual). I would have to say my favorite cd this year is "The Blue Lagoon" Basil Poledouris. I haven't stop playing it every couple days since I received it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:13 am 

Yeah there were plenty of surprises in 2016's haul.
We knew that 2015 was going to be very hard to beat, being Intrada's 30th year and all.
But for me there were 3 standout releases that took this year up a notch.

1. Goes without saying that The Ten Commandments was a huge grail for most & Intrada delivered in all areas.

2. The Rocketeer . Finally flew out of Intrada's offices and into my CD player.

3. Rambo: First Blood part II . Johnny finally came home to Intrada & joined parts 1 & 3 to come full circle.

Can't wait to see what the grand Poohbah has lined up for us in 2017, but just wanted to say Thank You Doug & to all at Intrada for this years releases & wish you all a safe & happy holiday season.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:44 pm 

Looks like I purchased 19 Intrada titles this year.

Best release would probably would have to be Ten Commandments. Amazing box set and the original score and rerecordings present flawlessly. Wonderful booklet and box too.
Close runner up would be Horner's Rocketeer, one of Horner's absolute best scores.

Most unexpected discovery would be Hurry Sundown. Never heard of it before but something in the samples grabbed my attention and the whole album is just wonderful. Although I do keep wanting to call it Harry Sundown for some odd reason, probably my age.

Other favourites would be Powder, Golden Voyage of Sinbad and Monkey King 2.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:44 am 

a bit pointless question really...

TTC!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:43 pm 

I think the 3 best Intrada releases IMO for this year are;

1. The Rescuers Down Under
2. The Rocketeer
3. The Ten Commandments

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:41 pm 

Chinatown for me. I'd waited so long for this one, and then Varese reissued the original album a few years back, but with no extra material. And then Intrada come along and do it RIGHT. Not only that but you get the original album as a bonus. All on one CD. It was great to see it made available!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:44 pm 
Unidentified Flying Oddball, followed closely by Hurry Sundown.

I need to give Cheyenne Autumn more time. I thought that I might warm up to The Ten Commandments after such a lavish release, but it never really happened; happy to support the project though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:08 pm 

2. The Rocketeer . Finally flew out of Intrada's offices and into my CD player.

3. Rambo: First Blood part II . Johnny finally came home to Intrada & joined parts 1 & 3 to come full circle.

Ditto these two.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]