[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Basil Polesdouris' THE BLUE LAGOON

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Basil Polesdouris' THE BLUE LAGOON
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:01 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

THE BLUE LAGOON
Composed and Conducted by BASIL POLEDOURIS
INTRADA Special Collection 365

In 1980, Basil Poledouris' score for The Blue Lagoon became his first soundtrack album. Scored only a couple of years before his massive score for Conan the Barbarian, Lagoon introduced to the record-buying public Poledouris' penchant for sweeping romance, exotic mystery, and his uncanny sense of adventure. It was certainly not his first big work, with Big Wednesday coming two years before, but Big Wednesday's adventurous, and even heroic symphonic splendor remained locked up until decades later, although that score formed the temp track for Lagoon. The Blue Lagoon is a richly thematic score, featuring a love theme introduced on solo piano that blossoms into a sumptuous arrangement for strings and winds in the album's first track. The main title ushers in the majestic principal theme—with its soaring intervals and cresting melodic contours, wonderfully redolent of the open sea. On this new expanded album, this theme returns occasionally, a welcome thread throughout the score.

Released on a 34-minute LP by Marlin and then subsequently on CD by the Southern Cross label, this long out of print soundtrack gets a new issue, sourced from the original master elements and expanded to include all of Poledouris' score, including alternates and Poledouris' original jungle drum source music for the natives (and replaced in the movie with stock music). Intrada was provided access to the original three-channel scoring session masters made at the AAV Studios in Melbourne, Australia.

Starring Brooke Shields and Christopher Atkins, the film tells the tale of two shipwrecked children who grow into young lovers on a secluded island paradise.

INTRADA Special Collection 365
Barcode: 7 20258 53652 5
Retail Price: $21.99
SHIPPING NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit:
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.10634/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Basil Polesdouris' THE BLUE LAGOON
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:12 pm 

Excellent release! One of my favorite Basil Poledouris scores. Intrada does it again*****

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:31 am 

Beautiful score & great to see this one have the Intrada treatment that it deserves.
Thank you Doug & Co and to those Aussie's for providing the tapes.

More Poledouris is always welcome & this gives me hope that we'll get these titles one day too.

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man

Free Willy

Return to the Blue Lagoon

I'll be picking up The Blue Lagoon in my next haul for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:01 am 

The Blue Lagoon is such a lovely score. I had the soundtrack LP as a kid, but somehow missed out on the Southern Cross CD reissue. The fact that it's expanded from the original session masters is just spectacular. Thanks so much.

Here's hoping that Return to the Blue Lagoon will follow.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:56 am 

Listening to Blue Lagoon right now and can't ever thank Doug and Roger enough.... Paradise

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:17 pm 

My copy arrived in Melbourne, Australia today and I have been playing it incessantly. I have always loved this lush romantic score and I am so pleased that Intrada has given it the royal treatment it deserves.

I know when any music is reissued there is a tendancy to wax lyrical so I am going to heap all the praise I can on this expanded edition. I want to say to Doug and Roger and everyone else involved at Intrada a very big "Well Done!"

Everything about this release is top-notch, the presentation of cues, the beautiful sound quality, the overall look of the album, art direction/liner notes, in fact everything.

I have only one minor quibble and I am not in anyway trying to start something with this observation but would just like a little clarity. I believe two track titles are mixed up. I think Track 12 and 13 are reversed, including the timings. Has anyone else noticed this? Track 12 is listed as "I See You Now" with a timing of 1:11 [when the track's actual time length is 2:06], however this is clearly the same track as Emmeline (Love Theme Reprise) from the Original Entr'acte/Southern Cross CD which is itself 1:11. This leads me to believe that Track 12 has Track 13's title in error.

Then Track 13 is listed as "Emmeline - Theme from the Blue Lagoon (Alternate)" and is timed at 2:06, but it certainly isn't the theme music which actually runs 1:11, therefore one can surmise that it is actually Track 12's correct title.

Curiously, Track 31 in the bonus section also indicates its the original version of the above Track 13 (or 12 by my reckoning). I hope I have articulated this enough for you to understand what I am trying to convey.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:33 am 

:?: Anyone know the mystery behind the film of Violet Twilight? Both the Intrada and Twilight isolated score use an alternate version featuring the 'Memories' theme on Harpsichord compared to the film version that uses a piano. Is it perhaps a missing reel from the scoring tapes?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]