[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Elmer Bernstein's THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Elmer Bernstein's THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:57 am 

Some more info on the LP releases:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/t ... ic.282413/

I wonder how the Intrada mono CD will sound in comparison to the original LP/Japanese CD? Will this be mastered from the LP master (with reverb) or from the superior source used for the Japanese CD (without reverb)?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:44 am 

And don't forget you get three loyalty points when you order from Intrada.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:24 pm 

Love the loyalty points! nothing beats the hamsters when it comes to shipping orders another major perk from ordering from Intrada. Excited my set should be here tomorrow.

I recently purchased See No Evil Bernstein score and really liked it. I watched the DVD for the film probably about 7 years ago and I didn't recall the music

As always great artwork with booklet and back cover layout.

As a side note and not to mess up the tread but any chance we should know about any possible low qty titles? I know Salem's Lot went to sold out status and didn't want to miss out on possible other titles. Salem's Lot was a great release and luckily ordered it maybe 2 months ago while it was still available. If there are any low qty titles please feel free to make a thread for them. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:11 am 

What is the proper method for taking CD2 out of the case without breaking it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:53 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:14 pm 

For those who wanted it... the artwork links are now on the item page.

"To all who come to this happy place; welcome."
"I'm your huckleberry."
"Well what you plan and what takes place ain't never been exactly similar."
"Pootingineous!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:41 am 

It arrived! Yea!! :D Truly a priceless treasure, well worth the sixty-year wait. And clearly an absolute labor of love by all involved. Thank you, Intrada. Never imagined I would see this in my lifetime.

What a thrill to hear these tracks as they were recorded. A special treat for me is the first 53 seconds of Intro to Royal Barge/The Royal Barge (CD1 #18). Because this part of the cue is drastically shortened and the editing somewhat mangled in the home video mix, it has always been difficult to imagine what it would sound like in its entirety. It’s pure delight!

For me the most exotic (and strangest) cue is The Royal Barge (Alternate) (CD3 #11). It’s vaguely reminiscent of a George Bruns track, Serengeti Serenade (from the 1964-65 World’s Fair Magic Skyway attraction), which appears in shortened form in his Jungle Book score.

One curiosity I’ve pondered over the years: the Prelude’s opening timpani roll, which doesn’t appear in the conductor’s score or any of the re-recordings, is identical in pitch and duration to the opening of Around the World in 80 Days. Sheer coincidence? Or perhaps a subtle nod to Victor Young?

"As we grow older the world becomes stranger ..." - T.S. Eliot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:44 am 

I got my copy yesterday and have been playing it yesterday and today. I've been greatly enjoying it, Intrada did a super production! Love the huge 60 page booklet too! A fantastic job overall. Thanks Intrada! :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:05 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:38 am 

"As we grow older the world becomes stranger ..." - T.S. Eliot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:35 pm 

INTRADA-Doug:

Thank you for the superlative "10 Commandments" box set. Just excellent in every department, I have already played the heck out of it. Thanks Again

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:37 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:39 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:31 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:15 pm 

The whole set is just fantastic and a dream come true... after such a long period without any Bernstein releases...
I guess all those clicks on the 1966 recording and 1960 (track 7 at 1:45) were part of the original masters?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next