[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Frederic Talgorn's DELTA FORCE 2

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Frederic Talgorn's DELTA FORCE 2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:03 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

DELTA FORCE 2
Composed and Conducted by FREDERIC TALGORN
INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 359

For the 1990 sequel to The Delta Force, composer Frederic Talgorn provided the flag-waving and emotional fireworks, eschewing the all-electronic approach by Alan Silvestri for the first film. Talgorn’s muscular, orchestral score for Delta Force 2 is a trumpeting main theme that’s as much about the heroism on display as it is the relentless drive for justice. Talgorn was inspired to create this gladiatorial march after watching the bone-crunching, slow-motion training montage sequence. But as weighty as this thunderous theme is, Talgorn also gave it a fun, thrilling uplift as a skydiving theme, whether played by a full orchestra or on synthesizer.

Talgorn had planned to make Delta Force 2 an entirely orchestral score, with synthesized flutes used to augment certain passages. But budget cuts required him to use the muscle of his French players only in the film’s “most spectacular” sequences; much of the score features a Los Angeles synthesist creating a symphonic sound from the composer’s handwritten score. This electronic music is most effective at conjuring the tropical atmosphere of the fictional South American country of San Marcos, a treacherous jungle filled with eerie voices and bird-like cries and Latin percussion.

For this 2-CD set, Intrada presents the highly artistic album program Talgorn assembled for the original CD release as disc 2. The first CD contains the entire score (including 35 minutes of previously unreleased music) in chronological order. This presentation reveals the architecture of Talgorn’s exciting music as a whole, showcasing musical ideas that weave in and out between the robust colors of the orchestra and the more focused tones of the synthesizer performance. The result is great contrast while still being highly cohesive, especially when the thematic elements are so unified throughout both idioms.

In the film, the loathsome Ramon Cota, played by Billy Drago, has a murderous grip on San Marcos. Cota thinks nothing of crossing the border to murder the family of his DEA pursuer Bobby Chavez, which causes the latter to go on a fatal mission of vengeance. Seeing his friend’s killer sent back to San Marcos via corrupt drug agents and judges, Scott McCoy (now elevated to the rank of colonel) recruits the toughest Delta Force members to smash Cota’s operation

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 359
Retail Price: $29.99
SHIPPING NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit:
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.10414/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Frederic Talgorn's DELTA FORCE 2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:29 pm 

Great release, thanx Team I :)

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:24 pm 

Intrada always gives you more Chuck for your buck.
Happy to see this release get the treatment it deserves.
Can't wait to pick this one up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:58 am 

Thanks Intrada.
Looking forward to hearing this score in filmorder rather than listening to the awful original release.
In my opinion Delta Force 1 is both far superior as a film and score.
Silvestri balanced the seriousnes with the comicstyle action perfectly when Talgorn goes full speed on the serious action.

The bits of Talgorn's score that stands out for me is the Training Montage, Bedroom Brawl and the
entire finale when Norris and Drago hangs under the chopper.
My absolute favorite is Bobby Finds Dead Family. :-)

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:54 am 

It's too expensive for me. I don't need to buy the old album again and I hate it when Intrada forces it on us to hike up the price.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:32 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:40 am 

No, that's no the same thing.

That's like wanting to buy a Tesla but being forced to buy your old car again in order to get it.

I'm not trying to be rude. Intrada is awesome. But you're alienating people with this pricing strategy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:15 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:38 am 

Just the riff I am getting on other boards, not specific to DF2.

I really wanted this score but marking it up to $29.99 causes problems for me. I live in the UK where the import tax threshold is at £15. A $19.99 item would have gotten through fine. But a $29.99 item will not. But it doesn't end there. The tax man also charges you for postage and packaging if you are over the limit, and then slaps an admin fee on it. In the end I would be paying the equivalent of around $50 for this release, and all because it is being sold at a higher price point because of the second disc, an item I essentially have already owned for years.

I'm not being mean, I love that this has been released, but I simply cannot pay this higher price for it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:06 am 

Awesome release, thanks Doug and Roger. Now I want "Avenging Force".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:57 am 

Now I want ANGELS IN THE ENDZONE and the composer's name on the cover listed correctly next time.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]