[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Informing Soundtrack Collectors...

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Informing Soundtrack Collectors...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:44 am 

Thanks for the information for those who didn't know! I'll definitely be more patient now... but I already knew you guys were awesome. Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:09 pm 

You know, I've lost count of the number of times I've received an awesome CD with great music from the fine folks at Intrada (and other labels, as it happens).

As far as "keeping us informed", I think you do a great job of that.

I know soundtrack collectors / aficionados are as opinionated as Star Trek fans (I know, I'm both), but 99% of the small issues I have ever had are extremely small, and nitpicky at the most.

That fact in-and-of-itself clearly illustrates just what a great job you do.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:20 pm 

I still demand that my orders come delivered by an Intrada hamster now so as to get through German customs undetected. Beware of lynx in France, though! :shock: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:53 pm 

I figured this was the appropriate place to pose this question. What has happened to the usual 2 CD titles every two weeks ? Please don't take this as a complaint against the best soundtrack label in the business today, Intrada.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:35 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:19 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:28 pm 

Whatever you guys have coming, I am sure it or they will be something very very special. Best wishes always .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:48 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:01 am 

Always have appreciated the hard work that goes into soundtracks and have fond memories of seeing Intrada emerge as an ambitious soundtrack label releasing things like Rambo 3 and Night Crossing when it seemed an impossible dream. In those incredible days before the Internet, when most collectors knew nothing apart from what was written in a magazine, I never imagined we would have so many of the scores we have today.

Always love the tech talk on albums and to hear more of what goes into releasing a soundtrack. In fact I wish someone would write out all the steps you have to follow in order to release a score. I also fully support any price increases. Although postage is ridiculous to the UK the albums are more than great value. They are so well done and receive so much attention. So those involved making them deserve a big reward.

Thank you Intrada Team!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:48 pm 

Hi Doug

Thanks for a very illuminating post; it's always interesting to hear a little background info about what goes into each release, including the many decisions that have to made along the way.

Many scores that I'd long since given up hope of ever getting (The Black Hole to name but one) now sit proudly on my ever-expanding shelf - and that's all down to Intrada. From one of your many appreciative British fans, thank you all so much.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:43 pm 

Amongst my biggest irritants are hearing from people who feel "entitled" to all of this music and state as fact they "know" how to assemble these albums correctly - as if our musical decisions carry no weight. It's as if we're just supposed to be the vessel that puts up all the resources and then customizes the albums for each of them - no matter what the studio or composer, or even us, might prefer. Reality check: Sometimes we like to play these albums, too. And believe me, some of the opinions I read out there would result in albums that I would never want to play. So making every one happy all the time is no longer a goal of mine. It can't be done.

Here's another example of the "entitlements" we have to navigate: I actually had someone write and ask why we didn't put more previously unreleased cues up for The Rocketeer sound samples and further stated that everyone already had the original CD so we were wasting "their" valuable sample time putting up the main title and and title and whatnot!!! I am not making this up. This was a listener who clearly felt the soundtrack universe revolved around him. We actually have customers who weren't even born when the original CD came out! This listener couldn't understand that we (and Disney) would prefer our samples to showcase more of what the album actually represents than just what was never released before. Putting up samples of The Rocketeer to introduce people to the score and yet bypass the main title, end title and big set pieces that were on the original album would be cretinous. :lol:

Ahhh, the therapeutic benefits of venting.

Anyway, thank you all above for enjoying the music and spending less time complaining that it isn't what you were "entitled" to. --Doug

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:15 pm 

I cant say I've ever complained at all on any Intrada release. At least I hope not! I'm generally grateful specific albums ever see a release. I may tend to wish for certain scores to be released but I think I generally want a score that no one else wants an example is Seems Like Old Times and this could be because it just can't be released. But I think the reason I want Intrada to release it more than anyone else is so Joe can use the two poster artworks for the front and back of the booklet :) at least that is my dream. Loved the illustrated poster A/B for that film.

As far as samples go I hardly ever listen to them because I want them to be fresh for when I get the CD in my hands :) except for Delta Force II I really didn't know the music at all and I have the first Intrada CD of Delta Force so I think I will need to pick up II. As another member possibly on this forum or FSM noted that most scores we used to think of as B movie scores are better than those released today.

I also like being surprised by many CDs I buy. Edward Scissorhands I never thought could sound any better than it ever did, and the Intrada disc from the latest order I couldn't believe it sounded so great. I was for sure hearing subtle instrumentation like never before.

Just looking forward to many more releases from Intrada and possibly re-releases. :)

Currently listening to City of Fear before bed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:15 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:04 am 

People REALLY complain about your releases? I can't believe so. I've rarely ever heard a complain about your releases.. personally I think they are great. You guys really love film music and you try your best to deliver it to us the best way possible for us, OTHER film music score lovers (and not avid want-every-note collectors-hoarders) and that really makes you the best in the field, Intrada.

I love your label, and all your releases.. I have just ONE single complain that I know you guys cannot do anything, or else you guys would have done something to it. I wish you guys could set up a trade with some distributor so we europeans can buy your discs way more easily.. same with LLL. You guys ship every disc personally and that's okay but for us europeans it gets so expensive, takes so much and the dangers of customs are always ahead...

I suffer from that. I've always wanted, and still wish, of getting the Tinkerbell albums but one, or all of them together are still too expensive for me, take so long, and customs are always ahead..

Other than that, that I already know you guys cannot do anything about it? Other than that, I PERSONALLY ADORE you guys, are awesome. Keep up the good work :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:45 am 

From Europe, you can easily get your Intrada releases (and many others, including Lalaland's) from the french label Music Box Records :

http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/4_intrada

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next