[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces James Horner's THE ROCKETEER

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces James Horner's THE ROCKETEER
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:59 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

THE ROCKETEER
Composed and Conducted by JAMES HORNER
INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 357

I love aviation. I’ve always loved flying. I’ve always wanted to
do a movie about flying. And I would love to do it.

-- James Horner

Just over a year ago the world lost maestro James Horner in a tragic accident. A year later we are still devastated by the loss, but resolved to continue to celebrate and preserve his musical legacy for generations to come. As part of that mission, and to keep his music in the forefront of our thoughts, Intrada presents an expanded edition of one of his most beloved scores, the 1991 Walt Disney film, The Rocketeer. The score is particularly fitting because it embodies his passion for flying. But few films were about flight, at their core, the way The Rocketeer is, and Horner seized the opportunity to pen a musical love letter to his muse. He composed one of his most straightforwardly leitmotif-laden scores, with a main theme featuring two distinct personalities: one a calm, majestic melody, lovingly introduced over the film’s main titles; the other with a rocket pack strapped to it, ushered into service for action sequences. Horner wrote two other major leitmotifs: a pining, damsel-in-distress theme for Jenny, and a simple, slithering line for Neville Sinclair. The latter is a slice of uncomplicated menace, usually crawling upward on a solo woodwind or brass instrument. The former is a vintage love theme, oozing old Hollywood. Passion, wavering loyalties and danger are all cooked into Jenny’s theme, which Horner cleverly braids into the Rocketeer theme or Sinclair’s slimy motif as the story demands.

For this important new presentation of James Horner’s dynamic score for The Rocketeer (including over 20 minutes of music not previously released), Intrada was given access to the complete scoring sessions captured on Sony PCM 3348 format 48-channel digital tape and mixed by Shawn Murphy to digital two-track stereo. We feature the entire 82-minute film soundtrack on CD 1 and the first part of CD 2. Following that, we present the original 1991 CD with its remixed album versions and various differences. After creating their film mixes, Horner and Murphy created several special album remixes. The remixes often spotlighted instrumental colors in ways that were different from the film versions, depending on what Horner was most interested in focusing on between the two mediums. In addition, knowing an album was planned, he composed and recorded a fully developed version of the love theme specifically for the CD, slated simply as “Love Theme” in the sessions and titled “Jenny” on the album.

The film stars Billy Campbell, Jennifer Connelly, Timothy Dalton, Terry O'Quinn, Alan Arkin and Paul Sorvino. Cliff Secord (Campbell) is an All-American pilot whose life-changing discovery of a jetpack turns him into the crime-fighting Rocketeer.

INTRADA Special Collection 357
Retail Price: $29.99
SHIPPING NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit:
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.10318/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces James Horner's THE ROCKETEER
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:06 pm 

Ordered along with 7 other CD titles. I haven't been collecting in over 3 years so I kind of have catching up to do. Love the cover art options. Can't wait to hear the discs. To be honest I've never seen the movie, but I'm excited for this score.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:21 pm 

Instantly ordered (along with two more CD's)!! There was no need for me to hesitate on this one, cause it is a no-brainer. X3 Thank you all, you wonderful hamsters at Intrada! ^^

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:59 pm 

Ordered and out. Really, Thank you to everyone at INTRADA and James Horner! Another checked off the Grail List.

WANTS:

Hawaii Five-O Collection/Box
Don Ellis- The French Connection I and II- complete
Jerry Fielding- Junior Bonner, Bad News Bears
Michael Small- Night Moves

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:24 pm 

What kept you so long? And such a Brilliant release, Intrada. Thank you.

While I think this as complete as it gets, I wonder why Horner said in an interview that the whole score was nearly 100 minutes? Unless he was referring to the album mixes as well. The original cd is a perfect album and Im glad thats it back in the set as a bonus.

What a treat. This is one of my favourite audio demo cds. Cant wait to hear all the new music ! :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:39 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:18 pm 

I certainly echo the thanks repeated by many here.

This is one of the most fun Horner scores, and I'm glad to see it released.

Ordered without hesitation. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:29 am 

What a fitting tribute to the late great Mr Horner.

An instant purchase & a huge thanks to Intrada once again for bringing us this wonderful music.
Hope we get to hear more expanded Horner from you guys, but cannot wait to hear this score in full.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:09 am 

Thank you Intrada!
I have waited so long for this day.
Ordered with tears of joy.

I can hardly express how big my grin is today.
A huge THANK YOU to everyone who helped make this happen.
Thank you!

"It's the closest I'll get to heaven......well...maybe not..."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:47 am 

Ok, I'm going to be "that" guy. What's with that tiny number 2 on the left-hand side of the alternate cover? A little label that should've been removed? Mostly just curious.

Thanks,
Mark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:00 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:30 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:51 pm 

has got an exclusive access to this wonderful release. Please, read our review in English:

http://jameshorner-filmmusic.com/exclus ... rocketeer/

Special thanks to Roger Feigelson!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:48 pm 

Fantastic release!

I hope it doesn't sell out too soon. Here in the UK, $30 is equivalent to the cost of a family car now, so we have to save for a while. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:11 pm 

Immediately ordered this, which should be a great release!

One minor comment about the description in the first message of the thread. It lists it as a "Hollywood Pictures release", but The Rocketeer was actually a Disney-branded film that went out under the Walt Disney Pictures label. For some reason, the original soundtrack release was on Hollywood Records instead of Walt Disney Records, so maybe that is the reason for the confusion.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next