[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - New Twisted Nerve Album Question

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Twisted Nerve Album Question
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:00 pm 
I see that this will be released by a new label called Stylotone. Before buying in, despite the package deal being far from ideal, is it known as to whether this label is on the level in the sense of procuring the proper rights? No disrespect to them if they are legit, but unscrupulous labels do crop up every now and then.

Post subject: Re: New Twisted Nerve Album Question
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:18 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:59 am 
Thanks, Roger.

It will be interesting to see how far the label branches out with its future offerings. At least I finally know who’s in control of the original Marnie recording that I could not shut up about. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:41 am 

I only hope this is not a new business model...

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:07 am 

Thank God that Music Box Records got ahold of OBSESSION before this stupid, usurious label came along. Count me out (and I'm a Herrmann fanatic).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:09 pm 
It certainly is a bit of a head-scratcher. However, selling vinyl with a high-resolution download code as a bonus is something that is not uncommon in other genres of music, and from what I can tell based on a respected person’s post at the FSM forum, Stylotone initially did not want to even offer a CD at all.

Offering vinyl, CD and high-resolution download all separately along with the commensurate pricing is the way to go, in my humble opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:22 pm 

No argument there.

I didn't see the post on FSM claiming that the label didn't want to issue it in CD. If that is true, what is the intended audience for their products? Certainly not grumpy soundtrack collectors. Are they planning to get rich by selling to millennials? To Brits? This is starting to have the look of a train wreck, to me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:00 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:49 am 

Are CD rights bundled together with vinyl and downloads? I thought CD and download rights were separate, so I would think that would apply to vinyl.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:18 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:57 pm 

This sucks big time! :x

What makes a few people feel this mess will sell well? The film is long forgotten and no one knows who Bernard Herrmann was except a small group of film score fans. And this is one of Herrmann's lesser efforts to boot! This type of package might sell well for current horror films and rock stars. I hope this doesn't start a new and lousy trend for the other labels. Make it simple, a $20 physical CD. Intrada would have done a spectacular job with TWISTED NERVE, MARNIE and KHARTOUM. Now I'll probably never have them!

I haven't got $80.00 to throw away! I PASS! :x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:04 am 
Well, Herrmann’s score for Twisted Nerve did become quite popular among modern generations thanks to Tarantino’s use of the theme in Kill Bill. People today love their Tarantino. Factor in stuff like blood-spattered LP design and all the gimmicks that people seem to like, and Stylotone might have themselves a good seller with this particular title.

Khartoum and Marnie are probably a much more difficult sell. I'm sure the label will manufacture in accordance to that expected demand.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:44 pm 

A lot of the new vinyl seems to be little more than a novelty. Some of the US labels are downright horrible as far as I'm concerned. What are these things remastered from, previous CDs?

I'll take a pass on most of it. Not into collecting bottle caps.

Some of this shit is as worthless as Harkit's vinyl regardless of being properly licensed.

As for Twisted Nerve, I'm satisfied with the fine CD from Kritzerland. As for vinyl, I'd much rather track down the UK LP from the late 60's.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:42 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]