[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Bruce Broughton's THE RESCUERS DOWN UNDER

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Bruce Broughton's THE RESCUERS DOWN UNDER
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:56 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

THE RESCUERS DOWN UNDER
Composed and Conducted by BRUCE BROUGHTON
INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 346

Rescuers was the closest I was going to come to being an animator, which is what I wanted to do when I was a kid.
This was as close as I was ever going to come to working on a Disney movie. It had been a childhood dream.
-- Bruce Broughton

Composer Bruce Broughton was brought in while the 1990 Walt Disney film The Rescuers Down Under was still being animated. He balanced the “Mickey-Mousing” approach to animation scoring with a more serious style akin to a live-action film, delivering a huge, thrilling orchestral adventure. The main ingredients of his score are a bouncing, heroic theme for the “rescuers” Bernard and Bianca; a softhearted love theme for the two; a teetering, diesel-fueled motif for the villain McLeach; and a soaring, swooping, near-spiritual theme for Marahute, the giant eagle. He propelled the latter into the stratosphere for the animation (and music) showcase early in the film when the eagle rescues Cody from a great fall.

In addition to the multicultural instruments that pepper his score reflecting the Australian setting of the film, Broughton also featured the foreign tones of the EVI (electronic valve instrument)—a wind-powered synthesizer created by Nyle Steiner, who performed on the recording. Among other things, the EVI supplies a kind of birdsong for Marahute in places, and in others it gives Bernard and Bianca’s love theme a sweet vulnerability.

This new Intrada CD greatly expands on the original 35-minute program released by Walt Disney Records in 1990 and premieres some 38 minutes of previously unavailable music. Among the many new selections are the darker, more aggressive cues scored for the villain, McLeach, that were mostly absent from the earlier album, providing a much more dramatic range of music than before. The entire CD has been newly assembled and mastered from the original digital two-track session mixes.

In the film, a young Australian boy named Cody (Adam Ryen) frees the giant eagle Marahute from a poacher’s trap, but becomes entrapped himself. When the evil poacher McLeach (George C. Scott), kidnaps Cody in hopes of bagging Marahute and her giant eggs, local mice alert the Rescue Aid Society, who once again enlist veteran rescuers Bernard (Bob Newhart) and Bianca (Eva Gabor) to travel to Australia and save the boy. With the help of their bumbling, feathered aircraft, Wilbur (John Candy), and local guide Jake (Tristan Rogers), Bernard and Bianca earn their job title, rescuing Cody and Marahute, and end up engaged.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 346
Retail Price: $19.99
SHIPPING NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit:
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.10062/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Bruce Broughton's THE RESCUERS DOWN UN
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:19 pm 

Yep!
Ordered!
with HOMEWARD BOUND!

Childhood dreams become realities at Intrada!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:26 pm 

Don't think I even need to listen to the samples to know I instantly need this in my life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:14 pm 

Wonderful, thank you guys! :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:59 am 

Intrada you sure know how to produce wonderful soundtracks.
Thank you once again to all involved.
But special thanks goes out to Doug & Mr Broughton, you guys must really have a blast seeing these scores get the best presentation they deserve.
I cannot wait to listen to all of this magical score.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:02 am 

Walt Disney Records missed the opportunity to release it for the movie's 25th anniversary last year, in the Legacy Collection. Intrada fixed it. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:35 am 

THIS IS GORGEOUS NEWS.

THANK YOU, INTRADA.

Hopefully their relationship with Disney will go way way further and we may get way more like this!!

They will be the holy grail when they FINALLY release DUCKTALES: THE MOVIE in CD!

We've been sitting with a terrible bootleg for years!

The thought of having that soundtrack in CD quality for one oficially is so good!

THANK YOU INTRADA.

I legit will buy this when I can.. this needs to be bought.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:26 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:01 pm 

Not only David Newman's DuckTales: The Movie, but also Ron Jones's DuckTales: The Series! And bring on Lukas Kendall as guest producer for the latter, since he knows Jones well and does such great work on his stuff. :) C'mon, Intrada...you know there's demand. If it's not your preferred playground, Doug, pass it off to Ron Jones hero, Lukas Kendall.

Yavar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:52 pm 

Wow. Just got around to finally listening to the samples and must say this sounds as if it was recorded yesterday. Absolutely stunning remaster! Many thanks Intrada.

Mulan will hopefully follow soon, assuming the Disney Legacy Collection has been discontinued...any clues? :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:05 am 

Ordered one from Creature Features, so it will be a little while yet before I can hear it...but worth it for an autographed copy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:08 pm 

Ordered from Creature Features as well, along with Lost in Space. :D
I have autographs from James Horner, John Debney, Michael Giacchino, Marc Shaiman, Craig Safan and many others, but I never got one from Bruce Broughton, one of my dearest musical heroes. :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:42 am 

received mine yesterday, must be a record in delivery time from USA to germany.

Down Under is one of my most loved Broughton Scores and i "Message Montage " is a favorite and the alternate an interesting listen ( i like the film version more ;) )

And the Cody Rescue Marahute/Flight Scene gives my goose bumps every time- remebering seeing Down Under on Laser Disc in germany long before the theatrical release ( in theses days some Disney Movies where released a year later) and we watched it on a beamer and can't believe what we were seeing an hearing and repeated the flying scene 4 or 5 times in a row! Wow!

Thanks Mr Broughton and to all envolved bringing this gem in complete form !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:52 am 

Thanks Intrada for releasing this cd! I also received it very quickly (The Netherlands) and keep listening to it.
And I also prefer jewel cases for the cd's, so this one is better than the Disney Legacy Collection to me (and it's obvious the artwork from Intrada is WAY better!).
I really hope Intrada will keep releasing these soundtracks Disney never did. I love the The Black Cauldron cd and there are still 11 Animated Features from Walt Disney Animation Studios, which have no cd release!

I'm a big Disney fanatic, but don't know much about soundtracks and I have a question:

Does anybody know why the numbers "23. Eggs" and "31. Wilbur The Mom" are included in the regular list of music, but not included in the movie?
Why didn't they put the 2 musical pieces as "the extra's" on the cd? They are not in the movie says the cd-inlay, so to me it makes no sense that they are in the normal list of music and not at the end listed as extra's.

Thanks for answering, somebody! :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:12 pm 

This is included in the flow of the general score for reconstructing the original intention of the composer, as it's obvious Bruce Broughton envisioned and composed these cues as a part of the score and not as bonus tracks.

Last edited by Anakin McFly on Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next