[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Henry Mancini

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Henry Mancini
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:38 pm 

It's been awhile since another great, unexpected Mancini score is released. Every now and then I get this weird itch that has nothing to with hygiene telling me something is on the way.

Post subject: Re: Henry Mancini
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:07 pm 
There is a decent number of his Universal scores left. Moment to Moment and a “definitive” Arabesque are the biggest in my mind.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:18 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:32 am 

QUARTET have stated that A SHOT IN THE DARK exists

They can't release it themselves though, as it is owned by Sony, whom they don't have any links with - but INTRADA does :wink:

So come on INTRADA!, start writing those checks, and mastering those tapes! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:39 am 

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:27 pm 

Yes, it would be really nice to see any new Henry Mancini release in the near future, here's hoping.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:12 am 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:45 pm 

Well I just purchased the Intrada disc of Mr. Hobbs Takes A Vacation for a reasonable price online. I've wanted a copy for quite awhile and decided to go for the original over the reissue from Kriitzerland.

Looking forward to the day when Intrada releases a complete Experiment In Terror.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:14 am 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:24 pm 

And let us hope that the score to "Two for the Road" surfaces at some point. I hate to think it's lost forever.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:57 am 

And the 1981 film Backroads starring Sally Fields and Tommy Lee Jones.

I see on the IMDB Mancini scored the 1990 film Ghost Dad starring Bill Cosby. I WANT THIS! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:29 pm 

I'd second both ARABESQUE and especially THE GREAT IMPOSTER. The latter film is almost forgotten today but it contains one of Tony Curtis's best performances and the wonderful score by Mancini that runs the gamut of his range--comedy, drama, suspense, and a nice romantic theme that's kind of a precursor to CHARADE and TWO FOR THE ROAD.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:41 am 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:18 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:47 am 

Henry Mancini and Leslie Bricusse took home the Oscar for Best Music, Original Song Score And Its Adaptation at the 1983 Academy Awards for Blake Edwards’ comedic masterpiece Victor Victoria. Receiving a total of seven Oscar nominations, the film about a woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman starring Edwards’ wife Julie Andrews continues to beguile and charm audiences over three decades after it hit the big screen. Henry Mancini received his first Oscar nomination in 1955, later scooping four wins across a prolific Hollywood career that includes Moon River from Breakfast At Tiffanys and the title song of Days Of Wine And Roses. Lyricist Leslie Bricusse is a British song-writing legend with an extensive catalogue of worldwide hits which include Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice and Candy Man through to a vast range of musicals. Mancini’s long partnership with Blake Edwards began in television in the 1950s with Peter Gunn and had continued through the decades. The period score he created was a perfect match for the director’s screenplay and Mancini’s long friendship with Julie Andrews enabled him to write songs for her incredible octave range. From the beautiful ballad Crazy World to the show-stopping Le Jazz Hot this release brings together the entire score with bonus tracks, not least Robert Preston’s hilarious rehearsal of the song Shady Dame From Seville. Release date for this fascinating soundtrack reissue will be July 8th.

http://www.silvascreen.com/classic-manc ... e-in-july/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next