[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Jerome Moross' THE VALLEY OF GWANGI

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Jerome Moross' THE VALLEY OF GWANGI
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:28 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

THE VALLEY OF GWANGI
Composed and Conducted by JEROME MOROSS
INTRADA ISC 405

At long last, Intrada presents Jerome Moross' original soundtrack to the Ray Harryhausen fantasy The Valley of Gwangi, thanks to the generous participation of Warner Bros. Pictures. Moross’ opening main title features confident western rhythms that harken back to Moross’ score to The Big Country, and yet its powerful solo trumpet speaks both to the film’s western nature and to Gwangi himself. Jerome Moross’ distinctive Americana musical style was most befitting for a “western” film packed with cowboy heroics.

To release Jerome Moross’ entire score for The Valley of Gwangi on CD, Intrada had to do a considerable amount of work to find suitable elements. Intrada ultimately located material from several mono sources, all fortunately free of any dialog or effects. These included: two brief reels provided by Tom O’Steen of the Starlog label some time ago; numerous surviving cues from the sessions kept by Jerome Moross and generously provided by his daughter, Susanna Moross-Tarjan; and the entire score on music-only stems from the film’s D/M/E tracks vaulted by Warner Bros. After performing audio restoration with the expert assistance of Chris Malone, everything was matched as closely as possible in terms of levels and EQ and sequenced in film order—with the exception that the wild west circus band music was placed in its own suite.

In the film, James Franciscus plays the slippery Tuck Kirby, who reunites with former girlfriend T.J. Breckenridge (Gila Golan), owner of a traveling circus who has stumbled across an amazing miniature horse—a prehistoric eohippus—that she plans to exhibit at her show. When Kirby and paleontologist Professor Bromley (Lawrence Naismith) lay eyes on the miniature horse, they each have their own ideas about how the creature should be exploited, while a group of seemingly superstitious gypsies see the mini-horse as the property of Gwangi—a godlike monster thought to dwell in a place called the Forbidden Valley. When the gypsies steal back the eohippus, Kirby, Bromley, T.J. and some of her men pursue them to the Forbidden Valley — and the group finds themselves trapped within this strange environment with dinosaurs, including a Pteranodon, an Ornithomimus, a Styracosaurus, and Gwangi—a predatory therapod somewhere between a Tyrannosaurus-rex and an Allosaurus.

INTRADA ISC 405
Barcode: 7 20258 54050 8
Retail Price: $21.99
SHIPPING NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit:
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.11510/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Jerome Moross' THE VALLEY OF GWANGI
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:27 pm 

That's better than great!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:15 am 

Even at 22 bucks this is a must have. Thanks Intrada for more Mr Moross.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:35 am 

Wow! What a surprise! I know it's too early to say but this could be the release of the year! :D

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:43 am 

Wild Ray Harryhausen effects created by a real person using actual hands. Looks so much better than any computer generated imagery in contemporary films.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:49 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:48 am 

Great release, I've been playing this cd over and over. IMHO this the best Intrada release of the year thus far. I hope we can look forward to few more scores from J.M. in the future. It's such a shame he had such a limited body of scores in his career.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:26 am 

I'm enjoying this CD greatly! Saw the film in 1969, nearly 50 years later I now have the soundtrack! Thanks guys! 8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]