[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Alan Silvestri's BACK THE FUTURE PART II

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Alan Silvestri's BACK THE FUTURE PART II
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:59 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

BACK THE FUTURE -- PART 2
Composed and Conducted by ALAN SILVESTRI
INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 336

Joining Intrada's reissue of Alan Silvestri's Back to the Future score album comes the long-overdue expanded edition from Part II of the franchise, previously only available on a long out of print MCA album. The score, like the film, picks up where the previous film leaves off, but then quickly travels into darker territory reflecting the grim world of the alternate 1985. Things are dire in that 1985 and the score emotionally takes the listener there. It's a brooding and more contemplative work, up until the included teaser for Part III, which introduces the rambunctious direction the film and score will go in the final installment.

Unlike the analog recording for the first film, Part II was recorded digitally on the now defunct Mitsubishi ProDigi format, but fortunately Warner Bros. Sound still had a machine that facilitated the new transfer. The restoration was performed by the trusted hands of Mike Matessino, who assembled a 2-CD set of everything recorded. The first disc runs 65 minutes and features the score as heard in the film. The second disc of extras features alternates.

Taking place right after the first movie ends, Marty McFly flies to the future in an attempt to thwart the antics of his son. Marty's seemingly innocent purchase of a sports statistics almanac in 2015 to help give himself a better future goes awry when it falls into the hands of Biff, who goes back in time and secures his own better future -- a dark and gloomy 1985 for everyone else. In order to set things right, Marty must once again travel back to 1955 to intercept the almanac before Biff has a chance to use it.

For complete information regarding music for the Back to the Future trilogy, please visit http://www.backtothefuturemusic.com.

For the latest news in Back to the Future, be sure to visit http://www.backtothefuture.com

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 336
Retail Price: $29.99
PRE-ORDERS Accepted 10/12/2015
For track listing and sound samples, please visit:
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9908/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Alan Silvestri's BACK THE FUTURE PART
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:43 pm 

INCREDIBLE release, thank you very much Intrada!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:41 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:51 pm 
Ah, Universal Pictures, the owners of most of the very best stuff in film and TV soundtracks, in my opinion. They apparently saw value in these wonderful Back to the Future (30th anniversary) and Jaws (40th anniversary) series soundtrack campaigns.

To be shamelessly greedy for a bit, I wonder if there was any convincing them that the Airport series (45th anniversary) is, too, a worthy enough campaign. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:55 pm 

Hear, hear. I especially want Alfred Newman's original film recording (and the album recording could use a nice remaster as well, IMO.) But I'm just ecstatic that Jaws 2 appears to be next...

Yavar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:21 am 

This is the most astounding release you guys made since BTTF1 in 2009 ! It's weird we finally have waited the year 2015 (the actual distant future Marty, Doc and Jennifer visit in the movie) to finally get a complete score for BTTF2 ! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:00 pm 

Late to the party, but ordered this and Part III from the Intrada store. Yay, all 3 Back to the Future scores complete !!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:42 pm 

Great time for Silvestri & Goldsmith fans.
Nice to see BTTF pack in print but to finally have BTTF pt II, well that's heavy.
No sign of Jaws 19 then :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:23 pm 

Quick question,

I noticed that the Part III soundtrack order pages says the pre-order is due November.

Is Varese holding back on shipping units to Intrada for deployment?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:30 pm 

OneBuckFilms Wrote: I noticed that the Part III soundtrack order pages says the pre-order is due November. Is Varese holding back on shipping units to Intrada for deployment?

Kind of strange, Their website says they are shipping the week of Oct. 26th?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:37 am 

THANK YOU ALL AT INTRADA FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE !!!

Since many many many years i thought: When will there be an expanded score? And now, in "the future" its finally here. I cannot believe it.

I remember buying my scores in 1991 at the age of 12 when i watched BTTF for the first time. Then, after watching II and III in the same summer i became a big fan. I bought the soundtrack (MCA) from BTTF and it was very unsatisfying. Only 2 score tracks, no "The Kiss", no "Mr. Sandman"?

Part II fom MCA looked complete on the first look, also Part III from Varese but by time more and more great moments were missed - until now.

Thanks a lot, again!

ROCKY - Box Set (I, II, III, V, Balboa) - Bill Conti 1976-2006
Hart To Hart (TV Soundtrack) - Mark Snow 1979
Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves - Michael Kamen 1991
T2: Judgment Day - Brad Fiedel 1991

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:34 am 

Ya know, in all this commotion, I forgot to chime in!

BTTF II was my first score purchase. Ever.

Star Trek II was my second and the one where I remember the specific circumstances... but THIS was the first. I must've been only 8 or 9 years old and it might've been my first experience listening to film music apart from the film, and on cassette it was hard for me to tell sometimes where one cue ended and the other began. :)

At the time, I wasn't aware of missing music or anything like that. But with this release, I feel as if I've come full circle.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:27 pm 

Hello,
Now it is for me the most important moment in my life.
When I was small-it was somewhere between 1995 and 1997; I fell in love with a series of "Back to the Future" movies (if I remember now it was probably when I was 5 years old). Next was a series of movies about Indiana Jones, Bond series and above all the Star Wars trilogy. And although the first videos of these cycles I bought somewhere 2004 or 2005 year on DVD – not to mention my early fascination with film music from the famous editions of the trilogy of "Star Wars" in 1997 (which marked the beginning of my love for this music genre and my subsequent collection of CDs. But when I bought Star Wars, I bought the audio cassettes - CDs was very rare and expensive then in Poland). For 20 years, I wanted to buy and have a complete music to "Back to the future". When I've lost all my hope that it will be released some time (the reason was from following many forums on the subject of film music, stores with discs in Poland and Internet web), at the end of 2008 or beginning of 2009 the miracle was made.
The legends of the lost, destroyed irretrievably materials and tapes with recordings of music by Alan from 1985 to Back to the future (which poisoned me for so many years and gave so much suffering) in the end had become a false myth gone forever. When I saw the 2 discs edition then on Intrada web and store published in the famous 2008/9 year, I cried and I still couldn't believe in that this miracle has come true. When the discs had arrived to me , I cried even harder because the quality of the release (the packaging, covers, and most importantly, the quality of sound) were so amazing that fulfilled my wildest expectations and dreams. That date and year changed my life forever. From that time I belive, that in this bad world and times, there are still people who care and love the music of the film, just as strongly and much as I do, and even more. Since then, I thank you - entire Intrada team (Doug especially), every day and time for what are You doing. Any words will be able to describe my joy and words of gratitude to You. When a few days ago I visited the page, I don't believe my eyes and what I have read. I cried even more than the first time. Thank You To You all. Although I live in Poland and I am 25 years old - the Intrada team is from 2008/9 to me like family. Thank you (again) for the fulfillment of my life's greatest dreams come true. Thank You, also the marvelous composer Alan Silvestri, and all people who played this beautifull music in superb orchestras; thank You all sound and recording engineers, producers, unforgettable actors, director Robert Zemeckis and screenwriter Bob gale for this great series. Thanks to all people for their hard work on this. I love You all! I will never forget what You have done to me. Now it is one of the most important things in my life and beautifull time. When the worst days and things that I had met in my whole life, I meet now and probably meet in the future - now and then are to be overcome thanks to this music and beautifull complete and more release from You, Intrada. I'm so sorry now and embarassed - perhaps I would write something yet, but my sight and eyes are all wet and a lot of tears of happiness are like river flows from them. Dont worry they're the happiness tears. Finally, I've got a feeling (hunch) that when You Intrada people (now and few years ago) had break the granite wall and give us first Back to the future fantastic release, and now these beautifull releases for part 2 and 3 (in conjunction with Varese Sarabande - which I quickly preordered as soon as possible);that in near future and time, some day I will visit Your store and You will the announce a complete, beautifull CD release for Indiana Jones and Star Wars (not mentioning about James Bond lost scores and material). Perhaps when the BTTF beautifull discs will arrive to my (i assume that it will be in December) i will start countdown and will hold my thumbs for You wishing all good luck for that future next the most important to us and You miracle. I wish You all the best. Forever Your loyal and dedicated to You fan

Aron
from the city Wroclaw in the country of Poland

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:56 pm 

I was going to wait for payday next Friday, but what the heck? I went ahead and ordered it now. Thanks Intrada! :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next