[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Rocketeer: James Horner did not want an expanded release?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Rocketeer: James Horner did not want an expanded release
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:54 pm 

Jerry Goldsmith didn't want any of these expanded releases. He kept telling that a 30 min album was still better than a bad complete soundtrack. And we finally had all these complete releases after his passing. James Horner wasn't that categorical...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:41 am 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:40 am 
We can't know for sure what any of them would think today about each particular expansion. Goldsmith seemed to be an adamant man with regard to this subject.

But, it is the studios and record companies that own the music. The Earth isn't going to shatter with these expansions happening, nor is a reasonable person's well-being forever impacted when they don't happen.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:12 am 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:51 am 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:40 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:27 am 

Actually, re Rambo III, Jerry actually said I could just do whatever I wanted with it since he was already frustrated about the song album. Then, upon bringing over to his house a ref of my finished assembly for his approval, he actually had just one contribution - and I am not making this up - Oh God, Doug. You even put "Dust" on it? Just stick it on the end of "Flaming Village" and maybe it'll get lost in there somewhere.

For those that may not already know, "Dust" is a short electronic cue written for the finale of the helicopter attack on the village Rambo was staying at. I think it's a perfect example of what Jerry referred to as "bottlecap collecting". We helped start that, I suppose. But at least this time he approved of "every bloody note", another comment he made regarding what we were doing. So he wasn't always predictable. :)
--Doug

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:12 am 

You really ought to write a book about this, Doug.

"My Life with Film Composers...And How to Release Their Music Without Them Yelling at Me"

:twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:27 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:30 am 

no THE HAND?
no DEADLY BLESSING?
no YOUNG GUNS?

DAMN IT!

What else?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:52 pm 

I think Young Guns is probably my only remaining "Holy Grail" when it comes to Horner's music. I'd love to hear what he came up with (which couldn't have been worse than the replacement score). From having worked with the company, I can tell you they wanted something more "hip" and modern in the music and not a traditional western score (same marching orders for Silvestri in YG2). Still, is there ANY hope of Young Guns coming to life?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:25 am 

The very last Horner I definitely want to see happen on CD is Heaven Help Us, with all different variations he had to do on this score.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:03 pm 

I wouldn't mind to have score only editions of MY HEROES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE COWBOYS, SWING KIDS and of course and once more again... APOLLO 13.
Speaking of entirely unreleased works I LOVE YOU TO DEATH (would fit nicely with OFF BEAT - but I am not sure if they are from the same company and actually could be combined on a single CD) and some of his early TV works - ANGEL DUSTED, SURVIVING or A PIANO FOR MRS. CIMINO - assuming any of them are long enough for standalone release or could be combined IF the masters still survive somewhere...

But one score that should not be forgotten is his magnificent music for VOLUNTEERS! But that one won't hopefully take much longer and all the problems keeping this one from happening will get solved eventually - it's definitely worth it!

and of course already mentioned DEADLY BLESSING and THE HAND.

Still a lot of scores waiting for their releases.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:37 pm 

Off Beat is owned by Disney. I Love You to Death by Sony.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2