[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Which one do you cherish the most?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Which one do you cherish the most?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:46 pm 

Well, if I can really only pick one, then it has to be The Boy Who Could Fly. It was one of my favorite movies and scores as a kid and I watched the movie many, many times growing up. I also have the Percepto release, but having the official release with cleaner sound and all the music including songs and source music is something I thought would never happen. If only it was autographed. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:57 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:10 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:20 am 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:21 am 

Yes, it would be just impossible to pick my favorite one. I'd have to say, by all rights, it should be ON THE THRESHOLD OF SPACE / THE HUNTERS as I was such pest about it for so long. (Thank you Doug and Nick Redman for that one!) But then, I'd have to overlook many wonderful Goldsmith nuggets like ALIEN and ONE LITTLE INDIAN. Or, North's THE DEVIL'S BRIGADE. Bernstein's RAMPAGE, Hartline's THE ENEMY BELOW, Cordell's FLIGHT FROM ASHIYA, the complete SILVERADO and TOMBSTONE, Tiomkin's THE WAR WAGON, Kaper's TOBRUK . . . and the list goes on and on.

This morning I am inclined to join with Niall and say I never in my wildest dreams expected to have and be able to drown myself in a 2 CD set of Tiomkin's RIO BRAVO. For many years I would listen to a reel-to-reel recording of the film made off of TV and imagine what a Warners LP release back in '59 would have been like. But now we have the real thing complete to enjoy forever. Thanks to all involved in this . . . and all the wonderful Intrada releases. I know some of us can be insufferable, whining wretches but most of us really do appreciate all your hard work. We should say it more often.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:45 am 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:38 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:28 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:00 am 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:22 am 

Ooo, & lot to choose from, funnily enough the three I'm choosing from are CD's of LP's. I'm thinking Barry's, Mary Queen Of Scots & The Last Valley, but the winner (& an age coming, but worth it as it sounds so good)...

Our Man Flint/In Like Flint - Jerry Goldsmith :mrgreen:

...oo, & more LP's next week!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:37 pm 

In think of the astounding volume of releases Intrada has made and it is indeed daunting to single out one precious release. In having to choose from the vast Intrada library a title that I cherish, it would be:

BANDOLERO!

It is my favorite Goldsmith western score because of how upbeat and tuneful it was in comparison to the dark nature of the film. It happened to be one of Intrada's first complete score plus original album track compilation releases, but more importantly was the timing of that CD. It was issued the day Jerry Goldsmith died. I do recall many people were upset about the juxtaposed death of the maestro and a brand new CD release happening concurrently. I've always considered it as a right of passage as Doug & Goldsmith were such good friends. It seems only fitting that such a vibrant, tuneful western score be prominently reissued in the wake of Goldsmith's departure AND it solidifies Intrada's legacy of preserving the music of these amazing composers.

...and my how Intrada has grown since that day in 2004.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm 

I'm new to the Intrada forums, but I'm a long time soundtrack collector. One of the first Intrada releases I remember is Rambo III (complete) by Jerry Goldsmith.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:46 pm 

99 & 44 100% Dead (Henry Mancini)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:28 am 

Any number of Goldsmith releases that are quintessential.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:01 pm 

As you asked it... YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES!

No, wait, BACK TO THE FUTURE!

No, no, no: COCOON! Or ALIEN!

Okay, I give up...

Thank you for your labor of love!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3