[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Varese's LP to CD Subscription Series

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Varese's LP to CD Subscription Series
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:16 pm 

Just curious, how many are interested in purchasing this cd series? ($10.00 + $4.50 shipping a month - for 12 months - Titles never release on cd before, starting with "April Fool's Day" by Charles Bernstein) + free storage case.

Post subject: Re: Varese's LP to CD Subscription Series
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:31 pm 
Not for me. While there are about a dozen Varese albums I want that are currently LP-only, I also want to know exactly what I'm buying. I'll live just fine without the albums that do interest me.

Hopefully April Fool's Day gets a much deserved fully restored presentation some day, including the all-important Bernstein-written song. It's a Paramount title, so Intrada would no doubt have handled this one in short order if the rights weren't tied up with Varese.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:45 am 

It's not for me either. Blind boxing should be left to the toy industry.

My hope is that any titles I may want will be released individually later on, in jewel cases rather than cardboard sleeves, as part of their excess stock.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:17 am 

It's an interesting project, to say the least. I was personally hoping for the expansions of several Goldsmith properties from the 90's via their Club series, along with many other neglected titles in need of their attention. Oh, well. Hopefully one day.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:37 am 
It looks like that starting June 14th you can now opt in and out of the subscription on a month-to-month basis. I thank Varese for doing that. While I can afford the whole thing, buying numerous titles I'm not interested in would be unappealing.

For those with eclectic tastes, I heartily recommend the following albums if they get released:

Marie (Francis Lai)
Prince of the City (Paul Chihara)
The Twelve Chairs (John Morris)
The Whistle Blower (John Scott)
Sister, Sister (Richard Einhorn)
Swamp Thing (Harry Manfredini)
The 4th Man (Loek Dikker)
Cat's Eye (Alan Silvestri)
Slapstick (Of Another Kind) (Morton Stevens & Michel Legrand)
Christopher Columbus (Riz Ortolani) (there are some issues with the album, but it's better than nothing)
The Red Pony (Aaron Copland)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:30 am 

Just ordered Richard Einhorn's "Sister, Sister", the only one in the series I have ordered thus far.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:42 am 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:48 am 
I see that Varese is now offering The Whistle Blower. Can anyone who gets this let us know how it sounds and/or whether it is a vinyl rip?

Just a couple of samples from Varese would have been fine, but that's not what they do with certain albums for some reason.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:18 pm 

After the first 2 or 3, they're all "vinyl rips". Sister X2 also.
However, I wouldn't have known unless I saw the .5 font type on the back, or was told.

-Sean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:22 am 
Thanks for the info. It is much appreciated.

The Whistle Blower is a most worthy purchase for those who do not have the LP. Given its relative obscurity, I have a feeling that a decent number of people would jump on board if Varese offered a sample or two.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:28 pm 

It's odd they dont, because the LP series all sound just fine - I have plenty of good & awful LP transfers, so I can differentiate the two.
The Nightmare on Elm box, I get it in that case. Varese response was it's a time factor too, not enough crew to create samples....even when Ford called them on it.....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]