[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - what would be "instant purchases" for you?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: what would be "instant purchases" for you?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:19 pm 

Ok guys, just out of interest, what releases would have you hitting the "buy now" button instantly without a moments hesitation? The release of River Wild was my last one and it got me thinking about what I could not resist if it came along.
For me it would be expanded or complete albums of any or all of the following:

The Rocketeer
Sneakers
Willow
Any Horner animated score
Legends of the Fall
The Ghost and the Darkness
Airforce One
Judge Dredd
Tron Legacy
Last of the Dogmen

Post subject: Re: what would be "instant purchases" for you?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:11 pm 
Pretty much the kind of albums we've been seeing a lot of from Intrada lately. I'm mostly enticed by a wide range of 60s, 70s and 80s premieres, CD premieres of numerous LPs, and great scores from much better sounding sources. Too many to name.

Tomorrow's Intrada releases will be right up my alley.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:33 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:01 am 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:50 am 

Good question. Soundtrack CD's aren't cheap (around $33 to Europe), & these days I don't do casual purchases. At my time of life I'm trying to de-clutter, rather than fill up shelves with stuff I don't really want. So...the instant orders would be:

23 Paces To Baker Street - Leigh Harline
White Feather - Hugo Friedhofer
The Great Race - Henry Mancini - original score
Dracula - John Williams - a good sounding album version would do.
I'll Never Forget What's 'is Name - Francis Lai - the album
Ulzana's Raid - Frank DeVol
Harper - Johnny Mandel - the album would do.
Judge Dredd - Alan Silvertri - original tracks
The three "Rozsa Conducts Rozsa" albums.
The Towering Inferno - John Williams - It just has to be re-released one day!

...& there's probably another ten that I can't think of right now. The thing is, the last fifteen years have been amazing for soundtrack releases, & I have so many great soundtrack CD's to listen to.

And I do understand that some of those original tracks might not exist anymore.

Last edited by Alan on Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:28 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:57 am 
There's some cool stuff to add to Sneakers, one of my absolute favorite Horner scores. I love the existing album, but I would probably immediately go for an expansion.

David Arnold's Last of the Dogmen score is a work of great beauty, and I listen to its album much more often than his usual fan favorites.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:45 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:59 pm 

I agree with all of these aside from maybe "any animated Horner score"...not sure I'd spring for We're Back, but if we're talking The Land Before Time (a single lengthy cue missing) or especially Balto (over 15 minutes missing, much of it very CHOICE material), I'd be all over it!

Yavar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:47 pm 

WHEELS by Morton Stevens.

My DREAM score....please Doug, oh please...:-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:58 pm 

Wow! Thanks for such an interestin and varied response guys! Im with Doug on Legends, in that if it could only be one...that would be the one. I know the existing album is of decent length and flows nicely etc, but if I could have more...I would not be able to help myself. Thats kinda how i feel about all on my list, i love what i got but would not say no to more!! :D Also, great to hear some love for Sneakers and the Dogmen, Tnewmanfan. The latter A truly underrated score. Thanks also to all of you who posted your own "buy now's", a real interestin list. Most of my list is 80s and 90s I know but great to see such a varied selection from others. Oh yeah, I dint know how much or what was missin from the animated scores you mentioned Yavar, that was a revelation to me. Although I would gladly have more of any of them (just love horner in animation mode).
Thanks
Bat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:37 pm 

I could easily list over a hundred but here is a quick dozen that came to mind.

1. The Ghost and the Darkness - Jerry Goldsmith
2. The Vikings - Mario Nascimbene (Complete re-recorded)
3. Pale Rider - Lennie Niehaus
4. Dracula - John Williams
5. El Dorado - Nelson Riddle ( Original if Pos. or re-recorded)
6. The Blue Lagoon - Basil Poledouris (Expanded if pos.)
7. Nevada Smith - Alfred Newman
8. The Ten Commandments - Elmer Bernstein
9. The Outlaw Josey Wales - Jerry Fielding
10. The Seven-Per-Cent Solution - John Addison
11. Rooster Cogburn - Laurence Rosenthal
12. Cd Box Set of Kenyon Hopkins LP's (Quality sound like the Bernstein AVA set if Pos.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:49 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:40 am 

RESURRECTION by Maurice Jarre if Mrs. Jarre would allow such an event to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:07 am 

"Joe Versus the Volcano"-Georges Delerue.

Would be an instant purchase !

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next