[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces TINKER BELL AND THE GREAT FAIRY RESCUE

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces TINKER BELL AND THE GREAT FAIRY RESCUE
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:59 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

TINKER BELL AND THE GREAT FAIRY RESCUE
Composed and Conducted by JOEL McNEELY
DISNEY/INTRADA D002136702

I feel that Joel has made a special gift to me with Great Fairy Rescue's score, because the film and its story is so personal to me...
-- Bradley Raymond Director

Hot on the heels of the previous release of Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure, Intrada and Walt Disney Records present the album for the third film in the series, Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue. Series composer Joel McNeely is again on the job, delivering another magical, exciting, and soaring score that perfectly complements the first two scores and propels Tinker Bell's third adventure forward. McNeely set the standard for this series, writing for large orchestra comprised of LAs finest musicans to give these direct-to-video adventures an epic, theatrical feel. The album also features the vocals Summer's Just Begun, How to Believe, Come Flying with Me, and How to Believe.

In this third part, Tinker Bell (Mae Whitman) attends fairy camp in the meadows of England and discovers a fairy house made by a human child, Lizzie, where she gets trapped despite warnings from her friend Vidia. While the fairies plot their rescue, Tinker Bell befriends Lizzie and they form a special bond.

DISNEY/INTRADA D002136702
Retail Price: $19.99
SHIPPING NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9509/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces TINKER BELL AND THE GREAT FAIRY RESCUE
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:26 am 

So out of sheer curiosity (and I know I'm not the only one) can you give a specific reason why you guys released the two scores back to back?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:36 am 

I've been wondering too nbut I'm certainly not complaining because they're great scores! If I had to guess I'd say that Disney is providing the impetus for these. Roger had previously said that more were unlikely to come out because the first score sold so poorly. Perhaps Disney decided to start selling them outside the Pixie Hollow attraction at Disneyland? I remember from my last visit to Disneyland that they were playing McNealy's scores at that attraction and I imagine the thousands of people visiting it would really love to have the music for purchase...

I am probably wrong though and I'd love to hear that it's just because the scores to become a lot more popular with the film music community after good word spread about the first one. I imagine occasionally there's an oddball release that sells better sometime after the initial offering. LLL's recent Star Trek: the Next Generation volume one was an example of that.

Yavar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:39 am 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:54 am 

Keep those Tink scores coming.
Intrada/Disney are bringing out the inner child in all of us. :)
Thank you again

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:03 am 

Yeah I will buy all of these because I think they're some of Joel McNeely's best work! This is a great addition! I can't wait for the wintry majesty of Secret of the Wings (#5 in sequence if Pixie Hollow Games is counted) in particular!

Whatever the newfound impetus, thanks so much for continuing this series, Intrada!

Yavar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:15 am 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:40 am 

Keep them coming. I've been a fan of Joel's for years now and plan on buying anything of his you put out. By the way, would love to have an expanded "Soldier" release.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:28 am 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:09 pm 

Well that's a good reason as any.

Having checked out the samples from all three of these I may just have to drop for them after all....and did I catch a subtle reference to Hook in one of the tracks? (I don't remember which, I just kinda sampled a bit of all three).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:30 pm 

They are wonderful so I hope you do pick them up!

Yavar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:38 pm 

Great news!!! Keep them coming!
Btw, how much music McNeely recorded for Pixie Hollow? Can it warrant a separate release or can it be combined with Secret of the Wings or any other in the series?
This was such a pleasant surprise to see Tink 3 released so soon after T2.... hopefully the series will continue and cover at least the last 3 remaining movies.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:57 pm 

I haven't seen Pixie Hollow Games but since Roger in his clues continually referred to these being "of 7" he must be counting it as an entry in the series, and presumably on Intrada's radar if these two recent ones sell well enough.

That said, it would have made the most sense to fill out the end of Great Fairy Rescue, since it's the shortest score in the series so far (and I believe shorter than Secret of the Wings) and there was 26 minutes of space left on the disc. Since PHG is a half-hour program with probably a bit of footage not scored, it presumably would have fit.

I suspect that didn't happen either because Intrada is planning to release it by itself (they've put out scores shorter than half an hour before, like Melle's The Organization) or because licensing wasn't in place for it since this was originally going to be a twofer of abbreviated portions of Lost Treasure and Great Fairy Rescue. It may have been too much trouble to go back and add it in.

Maybe it can fit on the end of Secret of the Wings (which followed it chronologically), but I certainly hope if that's the plan that Pixie Hollow Games is the score abbreviated if necessary to fit on 1 disc, because Secret of the Wings with its majestic wintry feel is right up there with Lost Treasure as my favorite of the series!

I would just like to say a big THANK YOU to Roger and the gang for *not* abbreviating scores 2 & 3, but Lost Treasure in particular. I'm so grateful to have this wonderful score in complete form!

One interesting thing about these I noticed: even though scores 1 & 2 were released by Intrada much further apart, their cover designs match in style, but score 3 (though only released two weeks after score 2) has a new cover layout -- particularly with Joel McNeely's credit at the bottom.

Yavar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:58 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:04 pm 

I was just wondering what is the convenience for them to let you release (printing/pressing ?) those albums they produce ? Don't they have all the structures to do it themselves ?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next