[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Favorite 2014 Intrada Albums; General Wants for 2015

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Favorite 2014 Intrada Albums; General Wants for 2015
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:54 pm 
Yes, another boring list thread. The year is not yet over, but among the label's great treasures released this year, what are the Intrada albums of 2014 that you appreciate most? What in general would you like to see more of in 2015? I am genuinely interested in seeing how diverse our opinions are, and hope others are as well.

Ten Albums I Appreciate Most
Young Sherlock Holmes
Her Alibi
Bernstein Ava Collection
See No Evil
Buck Rogers, Season 2
Falling Down
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
Crawlspace
Necessary Roughness
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

What I Prefer in 2015 (I'll try to be somewhat realistic and not too specific)
More classic premieres from Universal, film and TV
60s and 70s premieres from the Disney vaults
Premieres from Warner's MGM catalog
An 80s Thomas Newman score, and/or his score for Deceived or Phenomenon if you can swing it

Post subject: Re: Favorite 2014 Intrada Albums; General Wants for 2015
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:15 am 

Young Sherlock Holmes was the best release for me from any label, the other Intradas I played a lot... Die Sister Die, Deep Rising, Gorky Park.

Next year I anticipate getting into a new composer, possibly a golden-ager, it depends what crops up. This year was all about Friedhofer, last year was Fielding, so I'm still open for more releases from them, and beyond that I'm eagerly awaiting Conan the Destroyer, and an Intrada Goldenthal would be great.

Last edited by HuckF on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:25 am 

My top 5 Intrada releases this year:

1. Young Sherlock Holmes
2. Bernstein AVA Collection
3. The Spy who Came in From the Cold
4. See No Evil
5. Summer of 42' / Picasso Summer

I hope that 2015 brings lot's of unreleased scores from my favorite film score periods - mid 50's to the mid 80's. With many different composers represented. I would also like to see some quality re-recordings of some of the scores that have been lost forever or some that sound awful in their current condition. (i.e."The Vikings") and a few expanded scores as well.

A sampling of scores I would like to see in the coming year.

Village of the Damned / Children of the Damned - Ron Goodwin
Chisum / The Train Robbers - Dominic Frontiere
Willard - Alex North
Ben - Walter Scharf
The Seven Per-cent Solution - John Addison
Ghost in the Darkness (Expanded) - Jerry Goldsmith
Dracula (Expanded) - John Williams
Rooster Cogburn - Laurence Rosenthal

My List goes on and on....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:50 am 

My highlight of 2014 so far

On The Waterfront
AVA Collection
Buck Rogers
Young Sherlock Holmes
Switchback (reissue)
Psycho II
Crawlspace
Night Crossing (reissue)
Gorky Park
Necessary Roughness

My wish list for 2015

Lionheart A.W.O.L (reissue)
Critters (reissue)
Toy Soldiers (reissue)
The Ghost And The Darkness (expanded)
Universal TV scores
Airport set
The Rocketeer (expanded)
Willow (expanded)
Harley Davidson & The Marlboro Man
Cool Running's

But with Intrada's track record I'm sure a few surprise gems will excite me none the less.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:59 pm 

My top 5 for 2014 so far :
1- Young Sherlock Holmes
2- Rescue, The
3- Night Crossing
4- Transformers: The Movie
5- Gorky Park

My wishlist for 2015 :

MORE Disney !

Theme Parks music (Bruce Broughton, John Debney, Michael Giacchino, Steve Bramson,...)

Animation :
The Sword in the Stone (George Bruns)
The Fox and the Hound (Buddy Baker)
Robin Hood (George Bruns)
The Rescuers (Artie Butler)
Lilo & Stitch (Alan Silvestri)
Ducktales the movie (David Newman)
Tinkerbell sequels (Joel McNeely)
Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers (Bruce Broughton)
Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (Joel McNeely)

Live Action Walt Disney Pictures:
The Love Bug (George Bruns)
Benji the Hunted (Euel Box)
The Mighty Ducks (David Newman)
D2: The Mighty Ducks & D3: The Mighty Ducks (JAC Redford)
George of the Jungle (Marc Shaiman)
My Favorite Martian (John Debney)
Inspector Gadget (John Debney)
The Kid (Marc Shaiman)
Freaky Friday (Rolfe Kent)
Sky High (Michael Giacchino)
Bridge to Terabithia (Aaron Zigman)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:25 pm 

Favourite 2014 Intrada (without knowing what's coming 9 Dec)

Young Sherlock Holmes (Broughton)
Her Alibi (Delerue)
AVA Collection (Bernstein)
Night Crossing (Goldsmith)
Gorky Park (Horner)

Wishlist for 2015?
Mulan (Goldsmith)
Apollo 13 (Horner)
Something Wicked This Way Comes (Delerue)
The Rocketeer (Horner)
Son Of The Morning Star - Reissue (Safan)
Miss Marple - BBC (Ken Howard/Video Symphonic)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:04 pm 

My top 5 2014

1- PSYCHO II - for me this was the best release of the year, from any of the labels
2 - Young Sherlock Holmes
3 - Night Crossing - I had missed the previous edition and only had the shorter one. Wonderful score
4 - Gorky Park
5 - The Rescue

My wish list for 2015 (or Dec 9th):
1 - Jaws box set
2 - Psycho III
3 - Airport box set
4 - Rambo - First Blood part II
5 - Fright Night Part II
6 - Flowers in the Attic

Also on the "we know its comming" list:

The Last Starfighter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:11 am 

favorite 2014:
- Her Alibi
- See No Evil
- General Electric Theatre
- Gorky Park

for 2015:
- THE INVISIBLE
- more Tinkerbell
- Iron Will - expanded edition
- Murder at 1600
- Urban Legend
- Killing Season
- The Monkey King
- Something Wicked This Way Comes - rejected
- Volunteers
- Apollo 13
- The Rocketeer
- I Love You to Death
- Deadly Blessing
- Giacchino's PIXAR short movie collection
- Sky High
- One of our Dinosaurs is Missing
- Operation Dumbo Drop - expanded edition
- The Nutty Professor (David Newman)
- REMEMBER THE TITANS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:37 pm 

FAVE 2014
PSYCHO 2 (thank you Intrada)
Deep Rising
Crawlspace

WANTS 2015 8)
The Stepfather by Patrick Moriaz
Relentless by Jay Chattaway
Fright Night 2 by Brad Fiedel
The Octagon by Dick Halligan
Sidekicks by Alan Silvestri
Over the Top by Georgio Moroder
Creepshow 2
Dark Angel by Jan Hammer
Joshua Tree by Joel Goldsmith
Watchers by Joel Goldsmith
The Car by Leonard Rosenman
The Horror Show by Harry Manfredini
The Rescuers by Artie Butler

yes, 70´s and 80´s for the whole she-bang :mrgreen:

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:39 am 

For 2015, I sure would finally like to see that HAWAII FIVE-O box set from CBS get its release...:-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:04 am 

2014 best

To catch a thief
Young Sherlock Holmes
Psycho 2
Deep rising
Night crossing
Her Alibi
Switchback
Our man Flint
My science project
On the waterfront

2015 wish list

The Burbs, Leviathan, Walock (Jerry Goldsmith)
Jaws 2, The eigher sanction, Dracula (John Williams)
Batteries not included, Casper, Balto (James Horner)

Alaska (Reg Powell)
Almost heroes (Jeffrey C.J. Vanston)
In search of the castaways (William Alwyn)
Thir man on the mountain (William Alwyn)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:11 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
In no particular order:

Young Sherlock Holmes (Simply a wonderful score, absolutely top drawer, and I did not own the previous promo release.)

Night Crossing (because I missed the earlier releases.)

Psycho II (another great score, I already own the vinyl and the previous Varese CD)

Gorky Park (a favorite Horner score of mine. Though the previous CD releases already captured the gusto, so while the Intrada ups the ante on these with some extra cues and remastering, it is not quite as "essential" as say "Psycho II".)

Elmer Bernstein: The AVA collection (yeah!)

I did also enjoy DEEP RISING, FALLING DOWN, and every other Intrada release I bought this year. :-D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:36 pm 

Ten 2014 Intrada Albums I Appreciate Most:

Psycho II
Night Crossing
Our Man Flint / In Like Flint LP recordings
Deep Rising
Her Alibi
Bernstein Ava Collection
Judith
See No Evil
General Electric Theater
Meteor Man

Was TinkerBell this year? That'd definitely be on my list. There are many other great releases they've done like Friedhofer's Die Sister Die, but those are the ten I was most excited about.

(A few of my) Intrada Wants for 2015:

COLUMBO! Here's how the complete Season 1 scores could fit on a single two disc set:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3369&p=69818&hilit=columbo#p69818

More McNeely TinkerBell scores, especially The Lost Treasure (2nd and best)! I had given up hope because according to Roger the first didn't sell all that well, except Joel McNeely apparently said Intrada was doing another one after all...maybe sales picked up like they did for LLL's Star Trek TNG Vol. 1 which was initially a slow seller but then found the Trek audience.

Many more older Disney scores...especially William Alwyn's Swiss Family Robinson, Clifton Parker's Treasure Island and Robin Hood, and maybe music from the 50s Zorro TV show? Oh, and Ron Goodwin, but I know Intrada's already got their sights on his stuff for the studio.

Late 80s/early 90s Disney TV animation scoring, in particular: Carl Johnson's Gargoyles (a veteran of Batman: TAS, he created some amazing orchestral music for this epic series). Ron Jones's DuckTales (because everything he does is great).

Disney Theme Park score releases...think of all that amazing Broughton, not even to mention all the other great film composers who've done stuff for them. And as a Goldsmith completest, I would hope that *all* the music he recorded for Soarin' Over California would be included on such an album (the 4.5 minute ride score has been released on compilations, but not his music for the orientation film and his music for waiting in line, plus any alternates he may have recorded).

Which brings me to, of course, expanded Goldsmith scores! Many of these Intrada and probably only Intrada can do: Warlock, The Ghost and the Darkness, Powder, The Last Castle, The Mummy, Mulan (though probably Disney will want to hold onto this for their new Legacy Collection series?), The Lonely Guy (the last Goldsmith score available on LP only), The Secret of NIMH, MacArthur, High Velocity (my favorite little-appreciated Goldsmith score), The Don Is Dead, The Trouble With Angels... and complete versions of these Fox scores, from which then-salvageable material had been included on the Varese Goldsmith box but which, with current technology (witness Krizterland's Rio Conchos or Intrada's Shock Treatment), might be doable in better/more complete form: The Chairman, Take Her She's Mine, S*P*Y*S (yes I love it and I'd love to have the John Scott score with it), A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, and Anna and the King (hopefully including everything Goldsmith wrote but also other composers' contributions to the series). And of course I hope people still are on the lookout for the missing Damnation Alley elements, or at the very least could re-create them for a release of that very deserving score.

I know -- I'm not asking for much, am I? :)

Yavar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:04 pm 

My favorite Intrada release this year is Goldsmith's Night Crossing, HANDS DOWN!! I love that score, to death! ^^

General Wishlist for 2015
The Rocketeer - Horner
Balto - Horner (Because next year is the movie's 20th Anniversary)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit - Silvestri
Lassie - Poledouris
The Rescuer's Down Under - Broughton
Homeward Bound - Broughton
Iron Will - McNeely

Disney Animation Department
The Sword in the Stone
Robin Hood
The Fox and the Hound
Fun and Fancy Free

There's my wishlist for next year, may they all come true. :) And I hope everyone's wishlist comes true as well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:25 am 

favorite 2014 :

Transformers by Vince Dicola

want for 2015 :

Over The Top by Giorgio Moroder
Fright Night II by Brad Fiedel
Cobra by Sylvester Levay

Brad Fiedel FRIGHT NIGHT II 1988 Vista Organization/Columbia
Sylvester Levay COBRA 1986 MGM/Cannon
Gary Chang 52 PICK-UP 1986 MGM/Cannon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next