[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Night Crossing... it just keeps on soaring.

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Night Crossing... it just keeps on soaring.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:48 pm 

Thank you all for helping us blast through our first batch of Night Crossing CDs. Yes, more are on the way - and we've also held a few copies here on reserve for servicing the orders that included it with other pre-orders. So if you are caught in between this last batch and the next batch, please give us a few days to get the new batch in stock.

We've had more than the customary number of personal thank you letters from listeners that can't get enough of the score. And this new edition seems to satisfy their hunger quite nicely. A lot of the mail includes more Disney requests, both of expanding earlier releases as well as chasing down never-before-released titles. So to answer all those requests in a single swipe - feel happy knowing we have both reissues and new titles from the studio now in the works. One such expanded title comes out this next week, in fact!

Regarding Night Crossing, however. One letter mentioned the "room noise", an anomaly that I had mentioned in the liner notes. Even Jerry pointed out to me how he had decided to record the opening percussion sequence live on the stage with his 83 other musicians all sitting right there ready for their entrances, instead of overdubbing them in a later session of their own. Since these percussion solos with their rhythmically-timed pauses happen a lot during the score, there are several exposed passages where listeners can hear players moving in their chairs, bumping bows against stands, woodwind keys rattling and whatnot. It's all part of the performance, of course. And what a performance!

We did also hear from one customer about a possible noise on his disc not related to the performance but more likely an artifact in the world of digital technology. Though nothing stood out to any of us here, we did go through several copies of the CD just in case something in the finished pressings jumped out at us. Nothing jumped... but on one of the copies I did find a noise that I wanted to address.

In order to do this, I went to our plant and discussed the possibility of addressing this prior to them shipping out our second batch of CDs. The plant agreed to provide us with a few extras of the new batch to give to anyone who may have an earlier copy with the noise. Happily, it seems to be limited to a very few discs. But I am a perfectionist... so I ask nothing less of our listeners. Just email us if you have one of those copies and we'll get you the replacement just as quickly as we get them back in stock. And if your copy is fine... well, play it to your heart's content right now. It really is a powerhouse score! Thanks.
--Doug

Post subject: Re: Night Crossing... it just keeps on soaring.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:24 am 

So many Jerry Goldsmith scores get lauded as "masterpieces" -- and to be fair, a whole ton of them deserve all the acclaim they get! But this one really is a masterwork among masterworks in my book. One of the greatest scores from one of his most fruitful creative periods, and I'm so thrilled to hear that this definitive edition is doing so well. What a terrific release!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:29 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
This was my single most wanted Goldsmith title, the one that for some reason had never ended up in my collection. Neither as LP nor as CD. Finally. :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:22 pm 

I just wanted to chime in and say... I LOVE "ROOM NOISE" NEVER remove any of that from any recording! I've always felt that it gave a recording a "depth" and made the music sound like it was being performed live! LOVE IT!!! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:24 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:38 am 

Thanks again Doug

got my copy yesterday and what a revelations visiting this gem again. i am lucky that the interest to this score is still there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:27 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:47 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:21 pm 

The Rocketeer would be nice ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:19 pm 

For some reason, I hear no noise between the music cues?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:02 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:44 am 

Marvelous to have this ultimate iteration of NIGHT CROSSING back in the Intrada catalogue. The sound is just superb. I somehow missed the last expanded edition but now I can geek out to my hearts content. Thanks, Intrada.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:24 am 

I totally agree! It's a joy and a real listening pleasure. I'm looking forward to ordering Deep Rising tomorrow evening! Keep 'em coming Intrada! :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]