[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's PSYCHO II

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's PSYCHO II
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:49 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
Whow, what a batch... sheesh... besides a new recording of Rozsa music, a classic Broughton score, we're getting PSYCHO II. Even though this score is often overlooked in Godlsmith's oeuvre, it is a personal favorite of mine, very interesting score... it harks back to scores like A Patch Of Blue, The Mephisto Waltz, and The Reincarnation of Peter Proud.
I've got the original LP as well as the CD (with identical content), and I'm very much looking forward to the expansion (and improved sound).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:41 am 

I really must protest! I mean how much money does Intrada think I have!? THREE realeases on one day! And that day being April 1st, also my daughters 40th birthday, man I'm gonna be wiped out here.
Thank goodness two of them are in the MAF series so they can wait awhile but I've gotta have the Goldsmith release so please don't sell out before next week when I'll be solvent again.
I'm nearly 70 and my wife is telling me to sort out my collection and get rid of some of my CD and LP before we have to sell up and move into an apartment but Roger and Doug are not making it easy for me. Oh! Well I forsee another row brewing (unless the postman delivers while she's out).

r

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:42 am 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:20 am 

I could genuinely cry!!

This is a total holy grail, I can't believe how many times I've searched the internet, clicked into these forums just hoping for this day and it's finally arrived.

I truly can't wait to get this. I'm strangely emotional.

Thank you so so much to Intrada.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:26 pm 

Very nice surprise. Glad it's not an April Fool. Looks a stunning release. Well done Intrada and thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:59 pm 

godt damnung...just back from the hospital after my slip on the floor realizing intrada put out Psycho 2 without as much as a hint. This is by far the best surprise i have gotten for a very long time. Now off to sit by the mailbox waiting with my crutches defending the mailbox as the Jewel of the Nile for any unwelcomed guest (except for the mailman that is).
I´m against any kind of drugs, but I must have something to calm my nerves from this...I´m going ballistic here. Spiked Cocomilk, anything...oh the soundbites might do the trick for now..

oh what was that?? someone at the mailbox? i´m running of to check it out...OOOPS BUSTED :oops:

Thanx Hamsters for bringing this awesome release out (oh and YSH too ofcourse)

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:45 pm 

:D Thanks Intrada for this great release.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:59 pm 

What a fantastic surprise, delighted to be able to say "Ordered" thanks Intrada folks!!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:29 pm 

Ship notice received. Scheduled to arrive tomorrow. It's been a very long while since I have been this excited to rip open a cd, sit on the couch with my eyes closed and EXPERIENCE some of my favorite music, polished and given new life by my favorite record company on earth.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:29 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:46 am 

This is such wonderful news! I have been waiting for this release with baited breath for far too long. Thank you everyone at Intrada for making this absolutely superb soundtrack available to us in its glorious entirety! Can't wait to receive my disc!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:12 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:17 am 

Here, here Doug! :lol:

...and even though I say that, I know I'm going to come across as being a little "picky" in this post but it is something which I noticed after watching "Psycho II" last night. At the end of the film, Dennis Franz's character is listed as "Toomey". The spelling on the back of the disc is "Toomy's Death". Now, I know it's not really important (the music ON the disc is all I'm concerned with... honestly!) and I'm not sure if it is discussed in the liner notes of the CD itself (I haven't received my order yet so I can't say) but was that how it was spelled in the session notes? Again, I hope you all at Intrada won't take this as a complaint because it's not at all. The release of this soundtrack is absolutely appreciated! It's rather my own curiosity.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:12 am 

Probably just a typo, but not as annoying as all those H's being read as M's on ESCAPE TO VICTORY, so that all the tracks about Hatch were transcribed as Match!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:29 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next