[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces ELMER BERNSTEIN: THE AVA COLLECTION

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces ELMER BERNSTEIN: THE AVA COLLECTION
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:13 am 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:01 am 

This sounds like a real labor of love, congrats on pulling it off! Looks & sounds beautiful :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:53 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:07 am 

This is fantastic. Really looking forward to hearing it. That Mainstream "Mockingbird" irked me for years and years. Bravo for all your hard work!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:30 am 

Yes, Bravo! :D
Can't wait to receive this. The clips are sounding marvelous, the real thing must be even better then!

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:58 pm 

The sound clips sound fantastic on my iPhone speaker....
Just imagine the sound coming from an actual stereo!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:36 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:57 am 

Sounds and looks like a must-have ... thanks a lot, Intrada! 8)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:59 am 

Hope this lasts awhile...

And why did Bernstein only make 6 albums with AVA?
(If it says in the liner notes, I'll find out after I order it) :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:04 pm 

I wish I had this set in my hands right now! I'm very impatient. :roll:

The next trick from Doug's hat will be the superb Polydor Rozsa series?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:17 am 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:57 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:39 pm 

I finally listened to Bernstein's "The Carpetbaggers" on Intrada, :oops: besides being an excellent score the sound is absolutely stunning.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:44 pm 

Do the original score recordings of
Baby The Rain Must Fall
and
Walk On The Wild Side
still exist?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:52 pm 

I received this set today.

I have To Kill a Mockingbird (my favorite recording of this score) and Walk On the Wild Side (Choreo label) on LP, I have Baby, the Rain Must Fall on cassette, and, of course, I picked up The Carpetbaggers when the original score was released, I'm familiar with The Caretakers via the Varèse release of the original score along with The Young Doctors. So I was pretty jazzed about this set. I never had the Movie and TV Themes album, so that was the first one I played when I got home.

What gets me about this set more than anything else is how amazing it sounds. Given the spotty release history of these albums, I was expecting them to sound better than previous issues, but these sound truly fantastic by any measure. Not just vibrant and dynamic, but crystal clear — it sounds like the musicians are right here in the room. The ravings about sound quality are not hyperbole, they're an accurate description of what this set sounds like. I'm not saying this just to complement Doug, Roger and Joe Tarantino, I'm also saying that the original producers and engineers did fantastic work on these recordings.

You have made one Elmer Bernstein fan quite ecstatic. I really should go to bed now, but I think I'm going to listen to another disc.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next