[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Maurice Jarre's PRANCER

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Maurice Jarre's PRANCER
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:15 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

PRANCER
Music Composed and Conducted by MAURICE JARRE
INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 259

When composer Maurice Jarre was hired to score the elements of magic, childhood, and Christmastime in the 1989 MGM film Prancer, he rose to the challenge with panache. Jarre uses colors that capture the tone and almost storybook-like elements of the film, prominently featuring the EWI (electronic wind instrument) which becomes the main solo wind voice—often representing the magical, otherworldly presence of the eponymous reindeer. Another featured color is the Celtic harp, which gives the score rustic warmth -- a sound both ancient and intimate, and Jarre used it to perform the score’s main themes solo or to provide little embellishments. The rest of the palette is comprised of solo piano, strings, and synthesizers, blending together to form a musical character both contemporary and timeless — and thoroughly Jarre. Almost the entire score plays in major keys and reflects the beauty and warmth of the Christmas spirit. The composer wrote two main themes for the film. One is for Prancer: a gliding, lyrical melody that rises and rises in its first half, then gradually falls, alighting on a series of descending chords. The other central theme is for the loving bond that develops between Jessie and Prancer.

To present this premiere CD release, Intrada was fortunate to locate the original stereo session mixes made onto DAT, and presented here just in time for the Christmas holiday.

With her mother dead and her father (Sam Elliott) in a constant state of anxiety over the future of the family apple farm, Jessie (Rebecca Harrell) looks for hope and miracles in the Christmas season and particularly in Santa’s flying reindeer. Soon after her small town’s decorative Prancer falls off its wire and gets run over by a car, Jessie and her father discover a real wounded reindeer in the woods. Jessie hides what she thinks is the genuine Prancer from her shotgun-wielding father and nurses the animal back to health. The town eventually discovers her yuletide secret—which she hopes to return to Santa on Christmas Eve. Her sunny faith and innocence bring warmth back into the life of a resident crank (Cloris Leachman) and, eventually, her own home.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 259
Retail Price: $19.99
Available Now
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8317/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Maurice Jarre's PRANCER
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:45 pm 

As I've said here, on Facebook, message boards, to any human that will listen....

THANK YOU!!!!

for releasing this score. It's very special to me, wonderful music, and I hope that
others discover and enjoy it as well. My poor family is going to be sick of this deer
by the end of the year :)
Looks like a nice production, the long suite format/cues Jarre favored - and ya got
the Verdi I had forgotten about on there - and the Badalamenti 'Blue Velvet' cue that
was oddly used.

Cannot wait for this to land, Intrada is the bestest buds a soundtracker could hope for.
Happy Holidays gang!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:34 am 

I have a feeling that this will be a wonderful listening experience, so much great music to choose from over this holiday season.
Just to echo GoblinScore. Wishing everyone a safe & happy times over the holiday period.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:43 pm 

I had been hoping soooo long for this wonderful Maurice Jarre score to be released, thanks Intrada folks...a definite order! :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:07 am 

Thanks INTRADA for another Maurice Jarre CD
I love INTRADA!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:38 pm 

Its here. ..its beautiful. ...5 star home run, many thanks & warmest holiday wishes to the Intrada bunch.
Major key writing & a warm wrap up, Doug Fake, how about that! Surely a shock to the system after endless dreary minor mode sludge!

I don't recall the last time I played a record twice in a row!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:39 am 

I Listened to it today and I think it's Great one - Keep up the impressive work Intrada

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:26 pm 

SANTA WHO coming next year? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:15 pm 

maybe someone can help me to clear a doubt, I heard PRANCER and the sound is great and I liked of it, but the CD has a track arranged by Jarre of Angelo Badalamenti "Mysterious Of Love", I already watched the movie and I remember well of this part where this music appears, but on this CD the song is not the same, in fact I not recognize this music on the CD as "Mysterious Of Love", any explanation for that ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:33 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:52 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:45 am 

Thanks from me as well, I was wondering about that, and kept forgetting to ask!!!

What a weird choice, eh, from Velvet to children's reindeer.

I have played this album so many times (thrice in a row one day during the holidays!!),
I'm thankful tapes and lps are pretty much of the past, since this title would have to be
replaced. Just beautiful stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:59 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]