[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Brian Tyler's THOR - THE DARK WORLD

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Brian Tyler's THOR - THE DARK WORLD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:15 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

THOR - THE DARK WORLD
Music Composed and Conducted by BRIAN TYLER
INTRADA/DISNEY D001911702

For the 2013 sequel to Marvel's Thor, director Alan Taylor chose Brian Tyler to take the helm of the franchise and provide Thor - The Dark World with an orchestral powerhouse that rival's Thor's own strength. Anchored by a strong, muscular main theme for Thor, the score returns to the theme throughout its on-screen journey, particularly in the plentiful action music. Thor - The Dark World may just be the most exciting score written for a film this year. Intrada and Disney are proud to present this compact disc edition of this score, produced by Brian Tyler.

Thor: The Dark World continues the adventures of Thor as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Thor and The Avengers, Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos, but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Retail Price: $19.99
Available NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8288/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Brian Tyler's THOR - THE DARK WORLD
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:28 am 

I have yet to see the movie & hear the score, but will give this one a chance as I did enjoy what Tyler did for Iron Man 3.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:23 am 

There's a typo in the link. What's in the post leads to Cocoon.

The correct url is http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8446/.f

No samples up as yet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:17 am 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:15 pm 

A friend of mine received a copy from british amazon:

It's clearly cheaper than US edition, so I would like to ask about differences (if there are any)?
Could someone post a picture(s) of Intrada release, please?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:50 pm 

The only difference that I can see from your pictures is one very small difference on the back cover. On your photo where the Hollywood Records and Marvel Logos are it is slightly different on the intrada edition where there is three logos in a row... the Hollywood Records, Marvel and then Intrada.

I bought mine from Intrada and I'm in the UK. I didn't realise that there was an almost identical one over here. :(
On well....

I'm sure the Intrada one will be shinier and rounder.... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:46 am 

I must admit I found this one to be a bit of a guilty pleasure, I've still yet to see the movie though as i opted for Gravity instead.
Its still early days I know but how would you guys/girls feel about Brian Tyler as a choice to score The Avengers: Age Of Ultron.
Or do you think Joss & Marvel should bring back Silvestri?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:21 pm 

Brian Tyler has done a terrific job with Iron Man 3 (writing the best score of the 3) and Thor 2. The music he created, while being extremely noisy in a very Zimmerish style, is also powerful, melodic and enchanting ! I would be very happy to listen to his take on The Avengers, BUT I would definitely prefer Silvestri to return to this extremely sucessful franchise cause he's still the composer of choice for any grand superheros movie. His epicness is way superior to any composer around... Maybe only James Horner and John Williams can equal this epicness !

By the way, I have noticed a brief appearance of Silvestri's theme for Captain America in the track "An Unlikely Alliance". This was a very much unexpected hommage that Tyler did to Silvestri! Kudos to him for that ! The score grew even better in my heart thanks to that nod. :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]