Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Mr Blunden - Elmer Bernstein.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 pm
Posts: 2798
DeviantMan wrote:
:?
Has Been
:?
Was
:shock:
Either of 2 outcomes here: you succeeded or had to give up...
I'm hoping the former.
You release, I'll buy them!!

I wouldn't read much into it. He could simply have meant that the licensing aspect presented a challenge that is still being worked on, which I'm sure is true for numerous projects.

There's no indication that this particular project is a failure, and that's all that should really matter to us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Mr Blunden - Elmer Bernstein.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:14 am
Posts: 1141
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
T. Newman Fan wrote:
DeviantMan wrote:
:?
Has Been
:?
Was
:shock:
Either of 2 outcomes here: you succeeded or had to give up...


I wouldn't read much into it....


I never do... :wink:
Hope...
Hope...
Hope...

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Mr Blunden - Elmer Bernstein.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:49 am
Posts: 387
Any updates about a release?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Mr Blunden - Elmer Bernstein.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:52 am
Posts: 44
Location: Norfolk, UK
Keep the pressure going John :-)

Eventually it will appear and all our dreams will be answered.

I just hope that it is not announced as a limited edition of 1000 and i`m away on holiday without any internet!

All the best

Steve

_________________
Steve in the UK


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Mr Blunden - Elmer Bernstein.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:52 am
Posts: 44
Location: Norfolk, UK
Oh how the months slip by :(

_________________
Steve in the UK


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Mr Blunden - Elmer Bernstein.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:47 pm
Posts: 3680
Goldelf wrote:
Oh how the months slip by :(


I've located elements but the licensing issue is extremely challenging. But I keep trying.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Mr Blunden - Elmer Bernstein.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:52 am
Posts: 44
Location: Norfolk, UK
Roger,

You are our hero my friend. There isn't a month goes by where you pull out miracle after miracle which we all truly appreciate. Your sterling efforts do not go unnoticed :)

Fingers cross for resolving the licensing issues that remain burdensome to this challenging project.

God bless

Steve....

_________________
Steve in the UK


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Mr Blunden - Elmer Bernstein.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:49 am
Posts: 387
Roger Feigelson wrote:
Goldelf wrote:
Oh how the months slip by :(


I've located elements but the licensing issue is extremely challenging. But I keep trying.


Thanks for the update Roger.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Mr Blunden - Elmer Bernstein.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:29 pm
Posts: 499
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Many thanks for your efforts Roger, we will keep hoping.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Mr Blunden - Elmer Bernstein.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:49 am
Posts: 387
Any updates? :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Mr Blunden - Elmer Bernstein.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:29 pm
Posts: 499
Location: Dublin, Ireland
I am pretty sure that all the usual suspects are still hoping that The Amazing Mr. Blunden is still a possibility for release! It would make a great Christmas release, but that's just me wishfully thinking! Still, I think it will happen eventually! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Mr Blunden - Elmer Bernstein.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:44 am
Posts: 1483
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
It's been far too long since the latest Elmer CD... actually much longer than I can even remember... did we actually get anything this year? I don't think so...

At least there was Maurice Jarre's River Wild... but still... not enough new Jarre on CDs either.

_________________
Czech Marco Beltrami Universe
Guy Farley website
Theodore Shapiro website
John Morris website
Dario Marianelli website


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Mr Blunden - Elmer Bernstein.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 pm
Posts: 2798
Lokutus wrote:
It's been far too long since the latest Elmer CD... actually much longer than I can even remember... did we actually get anything this year? I don't think so...

At least there was Maurice Jarre's River Wild... but still... not enough new Jarre on CDs either.

There is Going Ape, which is a fun little soundtrack. Last year Intrada released the Ava Collection, See No Evil and the GE theme album.

Elmer has had far better representation overall than a great many other composers. The "what have you done for me lately" ideology isn't so firmly grounded when the composer already has a vast discography.

As for Jarre, tons of his stuff has already been released, too. People could list off a bunch of obscure unreleased scores of his that really aren't considered very good by many of his fans, but I suppose that some literally want it all. As for possible expansions, a lot of them would be quite trivial. With regard to big titles, Is Paris Burning? is of course getting a new recording and Shogun is apparently being worked on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Mr Blunden - Elmer Bernstein.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:30 pm
Posts: 233
T. Newman Fan wrote:
Lokutus wrote:
It's been far too long since the latest Elmer CD... actually much longer than I can even remember... did we actually get anything this year? I don't think so...

At least there was Maurice Jarre's River Wild... but still... not enough new Jarre on CDs either.

There is Going Ape, which is a fun little soundtrack. Last year Intrada released the Ava Collection, See No Evil and the GE theme album.

Elmer has had far better representation overall than a great many other composers. The "what have you done for me lately" ideology isn't so firmly grounded when the composer already has a vast discography.

As for Jarre, tons of his stuff has already been released, too. People could list off a bunch of obscure unreleased scores of his that really aren't considered very good by many of his fans, but I suppose that some literally want it all. As for possible expansions, a lot of them would be quite trivial. With regard to big titles, Is Paris Burning? is of course getting a new recording and Shogun is apparently being worked on.


What's happening with Maurice Jarre's beautiful score to RESURRECTION ? Is it still in limbo ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Mr Blunden - Elmer Bernstein.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:44 am
Posts: 1483
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
ok... forgot that Going Ape was this year (thought it has been longer)... in that case we've got only SINGLE JARRE and SINGLE BERNSTEIN release this year from all the labels combined... that's a shame!

Sure Intrada deserves to be praised since they are the only label that have given us anything from these two masters... but not counting premieres, there is certainly room for a reissue or two from both... from the top of my head what about The Professionals? Ryan's Daughter? Where's Jack? Meatballs? Guns of the Magnificent Seven? Ghostbusters (especially for remastering if better quality materials are available)? Night of the Generals? The Collector? I Love you Alice B. Toklas? Music that good should be in print more often than once every 30 years... and all of these would deserve to be expanded and especially remastered - if good enough elements are available... There obviously are some tapes available for Night of the Generals since the isolated score was included on the recent BD release.

OK... Varese has given us Spies like us too... but that one should have been expanded and not just a straight reissue... at least it will be hopefully remastered since the original album sounded pretty bad... but who knows since they don't provide any samples...


But perhaps that long delayed Ten Commandments will be finally among the 4 titles from Intrada after all these years...

_________________
Czech Marco Beltrami Universe
Guy Farley website
Theodore Shapiro website
John Morris website
Dario Marianelli website


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group