Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Amazing Mr Blunden - Elmer Bernstein.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:24 pm 

Lokutus wrote:
OK... Varese has given us Spies like us too... but that one should have been expanded and not just a straight reissue... at least it will be hopefully remastered since the original album sounded pretty bad... but who knows since they don't provide any samples...

I always assumed that the recording itself isn't of such good quality, and we don't know what the tape situation is for that score when it comes to possible expansion.

I agree that Varese should always provide some samples and more relevant information. There are a number of their albums that I ignored outright due to lack of samples. I can think of a lot of Intrada albums that I was swayed to purchase because of their generous samples and full disclosure of source origins.

As an aside, Spies Like Us would make for a fantastic new recording. Perhaps not a good idea commercially, but the score is a powerhouse that deserves better than a woefully collapsed soundstage, excessive reverb and numerous recording artifacts.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:59 pm 

Still waiting, and still very much hoping... :cry:

Hard to believe that, as some of the music was used in the 2003 DVD release, they still can't get a soundtrack together!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:46 pm 

Can't Believe it's over 3 years since my original post! I'm considerably greyer and rounder than I was back then :(

Good to see that this discussion keeps floating to the top now and again.

If enough folks reflect their passion for this one perhaps the gods will smile and we will hear this treasure in its true glory once and for all.

It still one of my Childhood favourites.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:06 pm 

Goldelf wrote:
Can't Believe it's over 3 years since my original post! I'm considerably greyer and rounder than I was back then :(

Good to see that this discussion keeps floating to the top now and again.

If enough folks reflect their passion for this one perhaps the gods will smile and we will hear this treasure in its true glory once and for all.

It still one of my Childhood favourites.

You're not alone Steve.

I look forward to the day when this is released. Perhaps this year...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:18 pm 

Today, April 5, 2017, it was announced that two Elmer Bernstein scores will be available shortly . Not from Intrada the label that gave us the magnificent box set of THE TEN COMMANDMENTS last year. I thought that this would be an appropriate time to move this thread up the line in the hope that the score to THE AMAZING MR. BLUNDEN would be the next Elmer Bernstein release from Intrada.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:41 am 

MONTE JACOBSON wrote:
I thought that this would be an appropriate time to move this thread up the line in the hope that the score to THE AMAZING MR. BLUNDEN would be the next Elmer Bernstein release from Intrada.

I thought that Mr Blunden kept coming up against a brick wall in the form of the licensor, like To Kill A Mockingbird. I don't think this is in Intrada's power to change.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:02 pm 

litefoot wrote:
MONTE JACOBSON wrote:
I thought that this would be an appropriate time to move this thread up the line in the hope that the score to THE AMAZING MR. BLUNDEN would be the next Elmer Bernstein release from Intrada.

I thought that Mr Blunden kept coming up against a brick wall in the form of the licensor, like To Kill A Mockingbird. I don't think this is in Intrada's power to change.

Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the info. :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:54 pm 

MONTE JACOBSON wrote:
litefoot wrote:
MONTE JACOBSON wrote:

Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the info. :(

Still, fingers crossed and hoping for the best on Mr. Blunden! It just might happen eventually!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:31 pm 

MONTE JACOBSON wrote:
Today, April 5, 2017, it was announced that two Elmer Bernstein scores will be available shortly . Not from Intrada the label that gave us the magnificent box set of THE TEN COMMANDMENTS last year. I thought that this would be an appropriate time to move this thread up the line in the hope that the score to THE AMAZING MR. BLUNDEN would be the next Elmer Bernstein release from Intrada.

Let's hope so.