[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Pet Sematary by Elliot Goldenthal

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pet Sematary by Elliot Goldenthal
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:17 pm 

Expanded re-mastered release coming next week from the La-La Land Label. We sure are getting some Great scores as Halloween nears.

Post subject: Re: Pet Sematary by Elliot Goldenthal
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:48 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:29 pm 
This comes as a very pleasant surprise since I figured it was one of the titles that Varese owns in perpetuity. They are selling the original album on iTunes (). Is that a mistake or are there some weird licensing terms?

Anyway, thanks to La-La Land for bringing out a definitive edition.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:38 am 

I recall being really impressed by the main title from this when I saw the film, and wondering who this Goldenthal character was. Turns out he was one of the greatest we've ever had. Although I don't have a good sense of how much missing music there was, I'm thrilled this is getting some attention. The sound on the Varèse CD seemed a bit dry but you never know how much of that is inherent in the source.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:06 pm 

So awesome!!! I just sold my Varese issue of this last week because I figured a re-issue would come out one day. Now I find out it's coming out two weeks later. Perfect timing La La Land!!! You guys put out awesome stuff, your customer service can't be beat and I'm so psyched to get an expanded release of this awesome/nostalgic score for Halloween.

Every October I re-visit my horror scores and this one will fit right in with Children of the Corn, Amityville and my treasured Friday the 13th Box Set!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:34 pm 

Here's the official PR and track-list, for the curious!

PET SEMATARY: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1294
Music by Elliot Goldenthal
Limited Edition of 2000 Units

STARTS SHIPPING OCT 22nd
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

ORDER “PET SEMATARY: LIMITED EDITION” starting Oct 22nd at 12pm PST at http://www.lalalandrecords.com

La-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures present the remastered and expanded release of renowned composer Elliot Goldenthal’s (BATMAN FOREVER, HEAT, A TIME TO KILL) original score to the classic Paramount Pictures 1989 horror feature film PET SEMATARY, starring Dale Midkiff, Denise Crosby and Fred Gwynne, and directed by Mary Lambert. Goldenthal expertly weaves a haunting musical tapestry of dread and terror, all the while escalating this Stephen King adaptation’s suspense and pitch-black drama. Produced by Dan Goldwasser and mastered by Doug Schwartz, this special limited edition release of 2000 units features 30 minutes of previously unreleased music. Exclusive, in-depth liner notes by film music writer John Takis round out the delightfully creepy art direction by Dan Goldwasser. Previously out-of-print, PET SEMATARY has returned from the grave. In this case, “dead” is NOT better! A must for all horror genre film music enthusiasts and fans of the composer.

1. The Pet Sematary 3:03
2. The New Home*/Moving Day Waltz/Ellie Falls From Swing*/Gage Wanders* 2:38
3. The Path*/Lullaby Waltz* 1:14
4. The Warning Tour** 2:45
5. Halloween*/Thanksgiving*/Deadfall Invitation*/To the Micmac Grounds 4:26
6. Church Is Back*/Louis Feeds Church*/The Ragman* 2:02
7. Missy's Apology* 0:47
8. The Facts of Death*/Bitter Loss (Flashback) 3:00
9. Kite and Truck* 1:43
10. The Kite*/Rachel's Dirty Secret/Up in Flames (Flashback)** 2:30
11. Sour Grounds*/Foreboding Dreams*/Discorporate* 2:32
12. The Deadly Choice* 1:14
13. Gentle Exhuming/Dead Recollection* 2:16
14. Rachel Against Time/Hope and Ordeal/Chorale 2:31
15. Just Imagination*/Rachel's Blow Out* 0:46
16. The Latch Opens*/The Return Game (Jud and Gage) 4:56
17. Rachel's Return*/Return Game Attack/I Brought You Something Mommie 2:50
18. Little Footprints* 1:48
19. The Return Game II (Louis and Gage)**/Adieu Gage/Immolation/ Death Do Us Part (Rachel Hugs Louis) 7:09
total score time: 50:32

BONUS TRACKS
20. Piped-In Death* (source) 1:03
21. The Pet Sematary* (alternate mix) 3:02
22. Sour Grounds* (alternate) 1:08
23. Hope and Ordeal* (alternate mix) 1:19
24. Little Footprints #2* (alternate) 0:25
25. Dead Recollection (album version) 1:17
26. Nine Lives Minus Seven (album version) 0:14
27. Rachel's Blow Out (album version) 0:20
28. The Return Game II (Louis and Gage) (album version) 2:52
29. Kite and Truck (album version) 1:22
30. Piped-In Death* (alternate source) 1:06
total bonus time: 14:24
total album time: 65:04

*previously unreleased **contains previously unreleased material

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:46 am 
John, it seems that half of the releases I buy these days have notes written by you. You have great taste in projects. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:58 am 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:14 am 

Now only $5.00 at La-La-Land, Who would of thunk it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:04 pm 

How did you end up liking this expanded album, Doug?

Yavar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:31 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:45 pm 

This was on my wish list anyway but since I own the Varese edition, it kept getting pushed down the list by releases that I didn't own any edition of. But for $5...

Mine is scheduled to arrive on Saturday.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]