[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces John Debney's HOCUS POCUS

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces John Debney's HOCUS POCUS
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:45 am 
While I like people pointing things out, I agree that this was all blown way out of proportion. I get annoyed by the overuse and inflammatory context of the word "entitled" in these circumstances (not Doug's use of the word, but rather those who compound it to form an undue insult), but how far this has gotten over a very small portion of the album is even more annoying.

Hopefully there are enough rational people out there who don't let this impact their purchasing decision.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:46 pm 

I don't like these people who come over and spit their venom. They think they are more intelligent than anyone, that they know everything better than long time soundtrack producers and even the composers. They hear a synthesizer when there's a piano, they imagine it's off synch when it was perfectly overdubbed by the composer himself. Go figure ! Some people seem to be born just to sabotage other people's hard work and ruin the pleasure of the more than happy fans.
Doug, Roger, be certain that we are not influenced by them. You are our heroes, you and John Debney, not anonymous haters on the internet.

Last edited by Anakin McFly on Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:25 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:52 pm 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:13 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:33 am 

Any more info about the upcoming signing with Debney and screening of the movie, please?
When? Where? What are the chances to get an autographed copy if there is no chance to make it there in person?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:44 pm 

Anyone have a nice-sized scan of the cover art?

Whenever I click on the 600x600 link on the Hocus Pocus description page, it takes me right back to the home page. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:25 am 

Try this direct link :

http://intrada.net/cv6/HocusPocus_600a.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:05 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:00 pm 

Okay, I finally broke down and bought Hocus Pocus. This'll be the last one I buy for a while, or at least until the next batch of titles selling out (which, I hope won't be ones that I have on my wish list). I finally watched the movie again tonight, and it was as funny as always! X3

This will only be my second Debney title to ever purchase, the first was Predators from LLL. Plus, Halloween's almost over so I thought purchasing it before the holiday ends would be more appropriate. Thanks again, Intrada!

-Chris

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:35 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:21 pm 

Any idea when this will be back in stock so I can order my copy? I can tell that my business has slowed down as there are a ton of releases here at Intrada that I would like to order, which have to wait until the cash flow inproves. (At least 17 titles currently in the shopping cart, 18 if I toss in Conan)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:29 am 

Which reminds me... just a little suggestion...
any chance you could change the usual info "back in stock in two weeks" to something more clear? Like "back in stock mid December" or "back in stock late december" for example? Since the description is still the same, it isn't very helpful determining when exactly anything might be back in stock so it wouldn't held other stuff for too long when ordered together.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:02 pm 

Hello, again, everyone! It's been quite a while since I've contributed to these forums as I've struggled recently with some health problems - but in addition, I just felt, rather abruptly, uninspired by so many negative comments during my last stretch here (this thread included). However, given the time I've had to think about it all, I've decided to continue my support for this wonderful label by reiterating my adoration for all its hard work over the years and all the spectacular albums they've graced us with through the times. I want to proclaim as boldly as possible that we satisfied fans are out here, standing behind the message that first had Doug and company start this label in the first place - to bring these composers forth through legitimate distribution and have fans all alike relish in such wonderful music that would have gone unheard had these hard-working men and women not been there to construct us a bridge to those darkened vaults. So, thank you again. And remember, no matter what gets thrown around sometimes, sincerity toward these efforts are never too far away. Speaking on my own behalf, I can assure you, Intrada, that you'll forever have my support and respect.

Hocus Pocus has been absolutely a gift. I've enjoyed the record in abundance and couldn't be happier with Intrada's effort in bringing this to its fans; it was long over-due. I stand by my previously-stated point in that it never should have been the focus of what wasn't included, but what was presented to fans after so many years of having nothing at all. That's truly the emphasis I would have enjoyed seeing exchanged when this title, and many others, found a home on CD.

You know - it's been very difficult to see so many passionate fans, for whom I feel truly do care about these composers and the art they've produced in the end, fall victim to the game of detail-oriented collecting and the tug-of-war in regard to the smaller specifics that almost shun the point at hand - the music itself. So many great composers in the past compiled their own album assemblies with that in mind, often times leaving many cues or musical ideas behind for the sake of a great listening experience. And why not? They're composers after all who sought/seek to communicate something through their musical ideas. I can respect the passion for these aforementioned collectors, but in the end, I feel it's far more exciting to glorify and obsess over the music itself once again. Let's put the focus back on this - ignoring what will inevitably happen someday anyway - the values of these physical objects going up in either price and/or desire. Let's not forget to remind ourselves of the enormous talent and often tremendous beauty of the music itself. We fans should have a mission as much as these labels do: to persuade others on why it's so important to preserve and share these wonderful scores and make the composers who created such memorable melodies proud through loving celebration. It's very hard to share all this while concerned about packaging, numbered availability, limited edition status, choice of artwork, etc. These have their place... but its sadly taken over the reasons behind this work. Shall we get back to the basics and remind ourselves of the gifts on those shiny, plastic discs? Everything else we've been obsessing over will naturally fall in place - trust me.

Thank you again, Intrada. You've always been the class act and I will continue to commend you in the future for all the splendid music for which you've cared so much. It has not gone unnoticed.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:11 am 

Hi Azella--

Thank you for some very kind words. Judging by our sales, our email and especially the friendships we have made with so many artists and studio personnel, I think it is safe to say your most precious sentiments are shared by many. Of course, some listeners will find disappointment on occasion - I recall feeling pretty frustrated when my favorite cue from Chinatown didn't make it to the record - but maybe the difference is that I still praised what DID get released and fell in love with the album anyway. Starting Intrada was less about finding that one missing cue to Chinatown than it was about making a whole new record to Red Dawn and so on and so forth. Nowadays, perhaps because of those same efforts, many listeners are possibly just "spoiled" by all of this great music becoming available and the constant state of euphoria necessarily gets distressing sometimes. At least that's the positive spin I'll try to go with.

And, yes, a handful of people will more often than not simply find fault with any successes that we who take risks and put our own money on the line sometimes get to enjoy.

They're not the people we aimed Red Dawn for. We aimed it at people like you.

Thank you again for helping spread some good words about the music. That is what it's about.
--Doug

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next