[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Alfred Newman's Pleasure of his Company

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Alfred Newman's Pleasure of his Company
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:04 am 

Really? No one is talking about this release? This is why Golden Age scores are so hard to do...not enough people care! I've said it before, but Kritzerland is taking huge risks on this stuff...so I encourage you to at least check out the clips.

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8 ... category=7

Post subject: Re: Alfred Newman's Pleasure of his Company
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:36 am 
My biggest gripe and its my generation simply, is I have a hard time listening to music in bad stereo, or mono. I love it when re-recordings are done of older scores... I don't count releases like Conan the Barbarian or Conan The Destroyer, I don't care what people say those original tracks sound great and am happy with your guy's work on bringing them out again.

Even a score like Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein... which I love, is something I would prefer to hear re-recorded, and maybe see as double disc set of both the original recording and a re-recording. That would be fantastic.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:26 pm 
I listen to samples of every release even though I am already familiar with most scores released these days. As one should do, I only buy what really grabs my interest amidst this glut of releases. For me, it's not an age thing but purely a musical thing. People buy what they like, unless they have that severe collector mentality.

I'm just glad that there are still enough people buying this stuff to have older soundtracks released at all. For instance, I did not expect that the absolute gem of a 2-CD set for Then Came Bronson would be considered feasible for release, but it apparently was.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:28 pm 

"I'll just never understand this. Some early stereo recordings put to SHAME recordings of "your" generation - to shame. And if a score was released and recorded in mono, and the recording was done superbly how is that "bad" mono. I just don't get it, but what I do get is that we're never going to change your mind, and that's fine. You miss out on some brilliant film music. "

One word: ear buds.

These older scores would sound best on older technology- like vinyl. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:00 pm 

And thanks to Roger for calling out the release. We all love this music so and we really don't want it to go away because people only buy the 80s and now 90s stuff. What a world it would be if that's ALL we got - of course, I'd save a LOT of money, but that's another story :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:40 am 

Roger, I quite agree, "Pleasure of his Company" is a winner and the sound quality is very good. There are many Kritzerland releases that are still available that even though they are Limited Editions (1000-1200) . When names like Newman , Bernstein and Duning are a hard sell it amazes me.

I realize that sound quality is a big factor. Even for me releases like "Legends of the Lost" and "The Adventures of Casanova" are not worth it. The sound is so bad I sold my copies and hope some day they might be released in re-recorded form.

P.S. I myself would like to recommend a Kritzerland release - "The Rat Race" by Elmer Bernstein - Great sound quality and Great jazzy/blues flavor with wonderful melodies.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:48 am 

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:38 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:52 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:09 am 

The Outfit (Fielding)

Junior Bonner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:41 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:00 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:03 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:23 am 

The Outfit (Fielding)

Junior Bonner

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next