[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Bill Conti's WRONGFULLY ACCUSED

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Bill Conti's WRONGFULLY ACCUSED
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:30 pm 

INTRADA
Announces:

WRONGFULLY ACCUSED
Composed and Conducted by BILL CONTI
INTRADA Special Collection Volume 162

“The following dramatization is true, based on real
events, from other actual movies.”

The 1998 Morgan Creek feature Wrongfully Accused, starring Leslie Nielsen, is a frenetic satire of many of its contemporaries. Woven into its central The Fugitive satire would be references to Fatal Attraction, A Clear and Present Danger, Mission: Impossible, North by Northwest, Braveheart and Titanic, the most obvious among some 35 spoofs on hand for Bill Conti to tackle. But what would distinguish the seriously sly musical homages in Wrongfully Accused was just how old school they could be, with an overarching tone that dipped into the romantic 1940’s well of Casablanca and Franz Waxman’s Dark Passage, not to mention the hard-boiled film noir stylings of such Miklos Rozsa scores as The Asphalt Jungle and The Naked City. Conti was sure to combine strong character themes with rippingly overblown orchestral suspense, giving the score a cohesiveness that also helped glue its stream-of-consciousness sight gags together. Scored for large orchestra and running over 60 minutes, the diverse score features a bittersweet love theme, relentless music for the manhunt sequences, straight-laced action music, and the highlight, a virtual violin concerto for the lengthy opening concert hall sequence. It makes for an exciting musical journey that on its own would give no indication it was composed for a satire, for the maestro Conti knows that things can be funnier to the audience when played straight.

This Intrada release features the complete score from the original stereo session masters and is limited to 1500 units.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 162
Retail Price: $19.99
AVAILABLE NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6985/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Bill Conti's WRONGFULLY ACCUSED
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:33 pm 

Thanks so much Intrada, you've made me very happy, ORDERED!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:34 pm 

Awesome movie, Awesome score, Awesome Intrada! :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:35 pm 

Fantastic release! Ordered. Thanks, guys.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:36 pm 

You KNOW this is ordered! Thank you so much!

One more check off my holy grail list. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:37 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:43 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:47 pm 

As much as I love Goldsmith and Williams, neither of them can top Conti for me, he's the best in my eyes, and ears! :)I really appreciate this release Intrada, thanks again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:49 pm 

Aww, thank you guys! This really is a special release for me. I must have seen the movie maybe half a dozen times as a kid, and it's very nostalgic...

Can't wait to pop it in!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:19 pm 

I have to agree with Henry, Conti is one the best composers if not thee best.
Haven't heard a score from him that I did'nt like.

Thanks for another great release guys.

And Doug & Roger, when I read "Intrada premieres entire score from digital session masters courtesy Morgan Creek".
You guys don't know how happy those sentences make me.

Morgan Creek has opened it's score vaults. :D

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:22 pm 

I do hope you get Freejack, Freejack! :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:27 pm 

Congratulations Basil for getting WRONGFULLY ACCUSED.

I can't say that I remember the score that well, but the clips sounds awesome.
...Ehhhh... I mean, EXELLENT!!!! :mrgreen:

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

Last edited by Freejack on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:27 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:14 pm 

Just ordered it; can't wait to get this underrated score from such an underrated comedy.

Now if only Warner Bros. would release a widescreen copy on DVD/Blu.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:28 pm 

THE PRISONER

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next