[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Georges Delerue's HER ALIBI

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Georges Delerue's HER ALIBI
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:00 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

HER ALIBI
Composed and Conducted by GEORGES DELERUE
INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 283

“If we want someone with a light touch to do a score that really lifts the film
and gives it an amiable quality, Georges [Delerue] is certainly the one to do it."
-- Bruce Beresford, Director

Prior to scoring Her Alibi, composer Georges Delerue had done his share of romantic comedies with elements of mock suspense (Partners, Maxie, Twins), and romantic music came as naturally to him as breathing. For Her Alibi he wrote a sincere romantic theme for Nina, the heart of the score, as well as a mischievous melody for Blackwood’s detective avatar, some lighthearted danger music for the Romanian bad guys, and several other melodic ideas and set-pieces for a rich work that complements the film’s comedy but also imbues it with a real sense of exoticism and romance. It would be one of five projects Delerue ultimately collaborated on with director Bruce Beresford.

To present all of this music, Intrada was given access to the original session mixes made in December 1988, contained on four rolls of ¼” 15 ips two-track stereo tape and vaulted in pristine condition by Warner Bros. The album contains a complete body of previously unreleased (and in many cases, unheard) Georges Delerue compositions of the finest quality, filling a major gap in his available oeuvre.

Phil Blackwood (Tom Selleck) is the author of a series of successful novels about a slick, ladykiller detective—but his imagination is trapped in a hopeless state of writer’s block. Enter Nina (Paulina Porizkova), a devastatingly beautiful Romanian woman he spots during one of his usual visits to court. She’s accused of murdering a man with a pair of scissors, but she’s just the inspiration Phil needs for his next book. He pretends to be a priest and provides her with an alibi, taking her in as a house guest to substantiate his lie. As he becomes increasingly infatuated with his living story idea, he also evades several near-death experiences ... and he’s afraid she might be behind them.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 283
Retail Price: $19.99
Ships week of Aug 11
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8876/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Georges Delerue's HER ALIBI
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:22 pm 

Just wow!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:22 pm 
This is the final Delerue premiere I know of that I really wanted. Thanks for getting it done.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:21 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:13 pm 

Beautiful score, glad to finally be able to add it to my collection!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:19 pm 

Nooooooooo!!!!! That's the wrong 1989 Tom Selleck movie score........ :mrgreen:

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:10 pm 

I kinda have to boggle sometimes as the choices Intrada makes for samples. With allt he talk about the whole circus stuff being its own mini album, surely they should have included a couple samples from it...

That said, based on what I've heard from The London Sesssions and Youtube vids, this is a score VERY worth having, and Delerue-penned playful circus stuff is just the icing...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:28 am 

Sweet release indeed.

In all great batch this week.

Intrada you guys are (to coin a Tina Turner song) Simply The Best :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:34 am 

I really hope I have this release in my hands by the end of this week! :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:17 am 
As expected, I really love this album. The exuberance, the beauty and all of the drama in between is absolutely captivating.

I now no longer have to go to the end credits suite of the London Sessions for my fix of this score. Speaking of the excellent end credits, I very much prefer the considerably less "washy" sound of this original recording.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:41 am 

How is the circus music?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:35 am 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:30 pm 

How is it that Maleficio wasn't the first to buy a new Delerue release? By next month he'll post again about how long it's been since Intrada last issued one!

I expect HER ALIBI will still be around when I get to it. But I figure we've GOT to be closer to the day when Intrada finally brings out the Delerue score I crave -- which contains thrillingly eerie circus -- or rather, carnival -- cues.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:20 pm 

Hey this was a first day purchase but it does take some time for package to get to the other side of the country. :mrgreen:

And yes, I eagerly await that other Delerue score that only Intrada can release...I hope it happens one day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:22 pm 

So it seems the music in this scene:

Was an alternate of Nina's Passion, with the cimbalom replacing the flute at last part, and wasn't available?

The same alternate was also tracked in this scene at 1:43:

A little disappointing but I'll live. :oops:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next