[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Joel McNeely's TINKER BELL

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Joel McNeely's TINKER BELL
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:01 pm 

INTRADA
Announces:

TINKER BELL
Music Composed and Conducted by JOEL MCNEELY
Songs Performaed by LOREENA McKENNITT and SELENA GOMEZ
INTRADA/DISNEY D001892602

Joel created a magical and memorable score that takes you to the world of beauty and wonder with his use of rare and exotic instruments. When I hear this music it takes me right to Pixie Hollow. -- Bradley Raymond, Director

For the 2008 Disney animated feature Tinker Bell, composer Joel McNeely developed three primary thremes -- one for Tinker Bell herself, a rollicking theme that easily communicated her strong, yet playful nature. The second is a melody for the fairies overall, a chameleon like theme that could be a solemn anthem, a playful romp or boldly heroic. Finally, a theme for the lost things that Tink collects, representing her yearning to discover life beyond the borders of Pixie Hollow, rounds out the thematic profile of the score. McNeely also chose a Celtic sound to give the score its exotic, magical edge along with the mystical sound of a children's choir. And perhaps even more unusual, he incorporated the sounds of frogs, birds, crickets, water droplets and more to create a subtext of nature that runs through the story.

Tinker Bell is born from the first laugh of a baby, and is brought by the winds to Pixie Hollow. She learns that her talent is to be one of the tinkers, the fairies who make and fix things. Two other tinker fairies tell her about the fairies who visit the mainland to bring each season. Tinker Bell is thrilled and cannot wait to go to the mainland for spring. But Tinker Bell soon learns from Queen Clarion that only nature-talent fairies visit the mainland. She tries her hand at nature skills, but she fails miserably, destroying the fairies planned spring celebration. Tinker Bell finally learns to embrace her tinkering talent for the good of Pixie Hollow.

INTRADA/DISNEY D001892602
Retail Price: $19.99
Available Now
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8196/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Joel McNeely's TINKER BELL
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:08 pm 

Selena Gomez on an Intrada CD? I'm very happy with that. I've never seen the film but the samples sound gorgeous, so this goes on the to-buy list.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:27 pm 

A truly magical & enchanting score, needless to say i've just sprinkled my wallet with pixie dust.
Doug & Co you have come up trumps once again, keep those Disney gems coming.
Thank you Intada & Joel for this beautiful release.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:31 pm 

Fantastic! Thank you, Disney, McNeely (along with all the other musical contributors), and of course Intrada. This is such a terrific score; I'm looking forward to getting my copy. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:01 pm 

Awesome release. If you can release the music for the other Tinker Bell movies like this, I'd be one happy man.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:46 pm 

Brilliant release!, my Disney Grail list gets shorter all the time! :mrgreen:

Intrada's friendship with Disney, is one of the best things that could ever have happened 8)

Hopefully the other TINKER BELL films will see a score release at some point :wink:

THE LOST TREASURE had a songs album,
but THE GREAT FAIRY RESCUE, THE SECRET OF THE WINGS and PIXIE HOLLOW GAMES (short film),
have never been released (apart from the odd song, which has appeared on a compilation)

Last edited by Neil on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:24 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:18 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:06 pm 

One of my grails ever since that thing (I wouldn't call that travesty an album, much less any representation of the score or the music in the film) was released...
Fingers crossed that this will sell well enough so we'll get the sequel scores too and definitely more McNeely besides Tink scores- Mulan II and Pooh Heffalump come to mind as another excellent scores he did for (not so good) Disney films.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:11 am 

I've been enjoying this release immensely. It really is such a terrific score by McNeely. Thankfully it was produced and not forgotten forever. Again, thank you, Doug, Roger, all of Intrada for working so diligently on these projects. We, the fans, truly appreciate all the hard work.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:42 am 

I am doing backflips and cartwheels over this release... well, not literally, because I have a bad back... but I was inspired to register here to say a big THANK YOU to everyone at Intrada and Disney who made this release possible. It is simply one of the most stunning soundtrack cds in my (large) collection.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:04 pm 

I have to come back to this subject, since I'm playing quite much this wonderful album. What a pleasure for the ears sick of drumming synths and co. What a joy to listen to the softness of a real orchestra, the simplicity of an irish flute (played by the great Joel himself!), the sweet melodies and the sweeping voice of Loreena McKennit... This album is a tender adventure for the ears and the heart, thanks to Joel McNeely and all involved in this wonderful little gem. Waiting for a "lost treasure" now... :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:33 pm 

It seems he is just recording his new score for another Tinkerbell movie...
Fingers crossed we'll get the others sooner or later too ;-) Preferably sooner, of course ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:41 pm 

Enjoyed this score a great deal. I listened to the cd right before starting on Volume 2 of The Alfred Hitchcock Hour cds. I have the film on Blu Ray, I need to get the rest of the series as they are all quality Disney stuff. I hope we will see more cds from the rest of the Tinker Bell movies.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:26 pm 

I just got this last week...and I am just blown away by how excellent it is. Your presentation of the score is top notch as well! Add my name to the list of people hoping for more scores from this series if they are all as good as this one!! Thank you for putting out such excellent releases, and keep up the fantastic work guys.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next