[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's CONGO

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's CONGO
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:09 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:39 am 

Hey Doug thanks for the reply! You absolutely explained the situation perfect and I would have made the exact same decision you did in regards to where to place that recording!

Anyway, I just wanted to make clear that I was not complaining that that cue was in the bonus track section rather than the main flow of the score when I posted my question - I was simply curious as to what the reason was, that's all. I was sure it would be explained in the liner notes, but I posted my question the day the CD was released, before anyone had been able to see the liner notes yet. I apologize that you had to take time out of your busy day to answer when I could have waited for people's copies to arrive.

And don't you worry I will absolutely be buying the CD, you can count on that! I tend to wait to bundle multiple releases together into one order to save on shipping, I don't have the luxury to be able to afford to buy everything the day it is released. I hope you understand.

-Jason

PS I for one EXTREMELY APPRECIATE that you guys include a complete cue list with slate numbers in your releases. That makes me VERY VERY happy when I see them in the booklets. I hope is it a practice you will continue to do in ALL your releases. Thanks again for everything!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:34 am 

RE: Including the slate numbers.

I know I haven't mentioned it before, but I greatly appreciate including these.

With the BSG scores, I use this to place the source cues among the score cues when arranging "Per Episode" on my hard disc. A bit of detective work, but all fun.

Looking forward to the score. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:01 pm 

Mine arrived today (not bad for Florida!).

Sounds great so far. And I know it's a relatively inconsequential cue but I've always loved the short piece that plays over the shot of the Travicom satellite - Goldsmith almost back in Trek mode for a good 10 seconds. Nice to finally have it! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:33 pm 

You mean just after the opening title? Always loved that on the OST.

Goldsmith has a knack for this kind of scoring. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:57 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:23 pm 

My CD arrived today, and it sounds great.

Thanks guys :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:08 am 

CONGO review (in French) :
http://melomad.wordpress.com/2013/01/14/jungle-fever/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:56 pm 

Merci Cedric! Read your paper and... ordered both THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE and CONGO, what else? :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:42 pm 

LOVING this new album! Many thanks, Intrada!!!

DSS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:31 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:11 am 

I have to say I used to listen to the 1995 album but this new ultimate version is even better. We miss you Jerry!
Thank you so much Intrada!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:46 pm 

Once again, the umpty-leventh time since I got it over a year ago, I'm enjoying the albino gorilla poo out of this CD. "Papillon", "Islands in the Stream", "The Blue Max", even "Planet of the Apes" it ain't, but it's SUCH a lot of fun all the same. Anybody know what Goldsmith thought of this one in retrospect? Obviously he'd be burying his head in his hands in despair at the thought of this being released, and equally obviously he dove into every film he scored with the same enthusiasm and creativity no matter what it might have been, but might he have gotten a bit more of a thrill out of... oh, I dunno, the African elements than he expected, maybe? I'd like to think it wasn't an agonizing slog for him, as "The Mummy" apparently was, but Goldsmith wasn't one to let his side of the partnership down whatever his opinion of what he was working on. Damn' admirable, I think.

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2