[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Bill Conti's NECESSARY ROUGHNESS

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Bill Conti's NECESSARY ROUGHNESS
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:03 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

NECESSARY ROUGHNESS
Music Composed by BILL CONTI
INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 268

When Paramount Pictures tapped Bill Conti to score Necessary Roughness (1991), Conti was fresh off Rocky V. Given the composer’s track record, the decision to bring him in was a natural one, though the score itself sports a more “contemporary” and rock ‘n roll feel than most of its counterparts in Conti’s oeuvre. The modern sound is evident right from the strains of Conti’s “Main Title,” where the composer’s trademark horns form a muscular fanfare with a generous assortment of electric guitars and percussion laid on top. Conti’s score is built upon this principal theme, weaving in and out of the film with numerous variations throughout the picture, featuring a musical tug of war of sorts between the traditional orchestra and electric guitar/percussion ensemble as the score unfolds

For this premiere release of Bill Conti's score, Intrada was given access to the original stereo session masters stored in Paramount's vaults.

In Necessary Roughness, the Texas State Armadillos are stil reeling from a series of scandals, most notably the improper payment of players. Seeking to resurrect the program and run it the right way, Texas State tabs Ed Gennero (Hector Elizondo), a by-the-book former coach now working as a television analyst. Texas State doesn’t have much to offer since the entire roster has been cleansed, with only one player remaining from the prior regime. Still, having the opportunity to take a Division 1 program and start over with a clean slate proves irresistible to Gennero, who brings along long-time friend Wally Rig (Robert Loggia) to whip the roster into shape.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 268
Retail Price: $19.99
Available Now
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8548/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Bill Conti's NECESSARY ROUGHNESS
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:06 pm 

Ordered! Thanks Intrada. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:27 pm 
Thanks for releasing this score. Conti never lost his touch in creating the most engaging sports scores for those with the right set of ears to fully appreciate them.

I've always enjoyed the film as well, with its lineup of talented actors.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:56 pm 

Order placed!...looking forward to getting this.

Thanks so much, Intrada!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:34 am 

Samples sound great, another fine Conti in the bag. Thank you Intrada.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:45 am 

Sometimes I think I'm the only Bill Conti fan who had never heard this score... nor seen the movie it comes from. It was a cool discovery.
--Doug

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:50 am 

I'm a constantly growing fan of Bill Conti. Because at the beginning I had only seen the popular Conti movies like The Right Stuff, Rocky and Karate Kid. Each time a rare Conti shows up is a discovery now. And it never ceases to impress me how much music he had composed in the 70's/80's/90s and how good it was!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:38 am 

Same here! I'll have to get this one, another necessary Intrada release! :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:13 am 

Ordered Monday evening, shipped Tuesday morning, should be here Wednesday afternoon. I live right over the hills from where Intrada is, so CDs always arrive super fast for me.

I've been wanting this score since I first saw the film way back in 1991, and I can't believe that I'll soon have it. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:55 pm 

Roger and Doug, first of all I received this cd in record time, I've listened to it twice since I received it today and it's excellent, including the sound quality. It nearly blew out my subwoofer. What great energizing music. I can't thank you guys enough. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:44 am 

I just cant get enough of this little gem, like "Five Days From Home" this is another surprise hit.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]