[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's HOOSIERS

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's HOOSIERS
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:56 am 

This one is so ordered - thanks Doug, Roger and the Intrada team for getting this one out to us.

I know I'm looking forward to getting it...:-)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:58 pm 

Love to finally get my hand on this great score...thank you Intrada and have a merry christmas and see you next year :D

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:43 pm 

Great movie, great Goldsmith score, great Intrada. ORDERED!!!!

Thanks guys for releasing this superb score in the proper manner.............. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:31 pm 

Hey Roger....
On the "Best of Hemdale" CD, there was an alternate mix(Or perhaps it was an alternate take altogether) of the "Theme from Hoosiers". Is there any reason that wasn't included on this release, and were there ANY alternates that y'all considered putting in an "extras" section, but didn't?
Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:12 pm 

Thank you Intrada again for another great Goldsmith release. And thank you for your efforts this year. Especially The Shadow. Wonderful release. Keep up the great work.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:48 pm 

I haven't ordered this one yet, but no worries. When I can get some funds together, I'm going to order this, along with some others (possibly these: KING KONG LIVES, NIGHTFLYERS (Varese), and maybe CONAN). Again, (this time for all you CONAN die hards) no worries, I will either order CONAN with this batch or another one. :D

Thanks for another great release, Intrada. :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:24 pm 

Just got this bad boy in today (unexpectedly, as I had received a shipping notice for The Untouchables first, which hasn't arrived yet, also ordered from Intrada). All I have to say is thank you, thank you, thank you to all involved. I love the added tracks and the sound is fantastic.

Definitely a highlight of my Christmas 'score' season.

Looking forward to what Intrada has in store for all of us next year! :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:02 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:40 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:40 pm 

Hey Doug!!!!!
No... I'm talking about "Welcome to Hickory"... I'm talking about the POP version on the Hemdale CD. It's a bit different than what was on the original LP and TER CD release, which was why I was asking if it was a remix version! It plays before "Welcome to Hickory" on the Hemdale CD, and, as I said, is definitely a bit different than the one that appeared on the original. That was basically what I was curious about! In fact, before YOUR release(MANY years ago!), I made my own CD of Hoosier, and put that original pop version of the theme at the beginning of the CD, and the slightly DIFFERENT version at the END of the CD! Of course, I don't need that CD anymore, because MY copy of Intrada's Hoosiers will be my in LESS than 24 HOURS!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:20 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:46 pm 

Now THAT is a FANTASTIC ANSWER!!!!! :) VERY informative and extremely interestiing(At least to me!)!!! I never knew any of that!
BTW... I just received MY copy of Hoosiers about 8 hours ago, and IT........IS.......EXQUISITE!!!!! LOVE the art design! I just can't believe that after all of these years... we FINALLY have a COMPLETE HOOSIERS!!!!
Thanks again, Doug, for a terrific reply...and a wonderful release!! :) :)
BTW... my best friend and I had our X-mas get-together this evening, and he gave me the Intrada releases of The Shadow and Masada! Can't WAIT to play them in the car on my trip later today!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am 

I just got done listening to this great CD and it is just wonderful - it was REALLY worth the wait to get this in complete form.

A truly great release, all the way around - thanks again to Doug, Roger and the Intrada team for putting together one of my favorite Jerry Goldsmith scores - now, I can really retire my old LP and "Best Shot" CD for sure...:-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:05 pm 

This is getting a lot of play in my car on the way to the office. It's such an uplifting score, and the additional tracks add rather than detract from the original album experience. I love the decision to add them around Goldsmith's original album arrangement rather than breaking everything up into chronological order. That final track is just so exhilarating. If the traffic's bad, Jerry's warm final chord is playing as I pull into the parking lot ... not a bad way to start the day ... :D

Conrad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:53 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next