[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - How many Goldsmiths are there left?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: How many Goldsmiths are there left?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:45 pm 

...and then I waited (was holding out for The Ten Commandments which we keep getting told is coming soon) and missed out on Gladiator, darnit! :(

Anyhow, I'm bringing this thread up again to ask if we might be getting any more expanded/remastered editions from Intrada of scores includeded on the Varese Goldsmith at Fox box. I'm very grateful for the two doubleheaders we've gotten, and I'd be most over the moon if they were followed up by a TV pairing of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (expanded if there's any music Varese didn't include) with everything recorded for the short lived Anna and the King series. All together the material for both that Varese released was around half an hour, but I'm positive at least that there is a lot more Goldsmith material for Anna and the King (and did any other composers write for it? -- if so I'd be glad to get the best of their contributions too).

Yavar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:04 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:40 am 

Updated to include Intrada store links to the remastered reissue of the Rio Conchos re-recording and to the forthcoming expanded edition of Star Trek: Insurrection from GNP. In all the excitement we've had recently, I almost missed the latter piece of news! Can't wait to hear the alternate of 'The Healing Process' and other gems in good quality. I love this score, even if the film was somewhat of a disappointment after First Contact.

Conrad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:02 pm 

Time for another update, perhaps? We've gotten a reissue of Alien Nation from Kritzerland (still in print and this time including the Curt Sobel score, at no extra cost). We're also getting Star Trek: Nemesis complete from Varese, produced by Lukas Kendall, and a complete re-recording of QBVII from Tadlow -- since the original tracks are apparently lost, this will probably be the only way to hear Goldsmith's complete work (perhaps excluding the TV bumper music) in the clear.

Not that I don't want Intrada to keep searching for both its complete original recording as well as that for Hour of the Gun...and I'm still grateful to them for putting out the excellent album re-recordings for both!

Yavar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:28 am 

:oops: How aout THE WALTONS?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:06 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:51 am 

Updated to include all the goodies we've be lucky enough to see released during the past 6 months. :D

So glad to finally get my hands on a copy of 'Night Crossing'. The original release appeared at a time when I had limited pocket money (!) and had to be very selective on what I bought. Although this was a Goldsmith, I'd never heard of the film and could never find it on TV or in my local video store (ah, yes ... it was that long ago). Of course, since then I've heard snippets on YouTube etc. and been kicking my younger self for not being more adventurous. Thanks to Intrada's re-issue, I can regret it no longer! Can't wait to get acquainted with another fine example of Goldsmith in soaring 80s adventure mode.

I have the Hollywood Records 'Deep Rising', and have always enjoyed it (much more than the similarly themed 'Leviathan'), so am looking forward to delving into that one in more detail, too.

Keep 'em coming!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:02 pm 

Apparently, some of the OOP Varèse releases are still in print, or at least available at their German counterpart Colloseum.

On first look, I could find these:

Angie
City Hall
Fierce Creatures
Lionheart (single disc release)
Malice
Medicine Man
Mom and Dad Save the World
Small Soldiers
US Marshalls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:34 pm 

This could use an update, to reflect that the original Rio Conchos is again (briefly) available, and now in stereo -- sold out from Kritzerland but still at SAE and here at Intrada.

And also to perhaps include mention of/links to Intrada's CD reissue of the Goldsmith Flint LP (re)recordings, though they might have to be mentioned on separate lines from the original film recordings...

Yavar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:44 am 

Done! Thanks for the nudge, Yavar :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:08 am 

Updated to include 'Magic' and 'Warlock' – two thrilling treats for Goldsmith enthusiasts!

The latter exemplifies what I was originally talking about when I launched the thread: an increasingly rare and very welcome opportunity to have a 'new' Goldsmith experience. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:24 am 
I heard Crawlspace (1972) not too long ago. Definitely sign me up for a release of that, though it wouldn't surprise me if nothing of it exists anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:42 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:35 pm 

Just thought I'd bump this for an update to include The Ghost and the Darkness thanks to Intrada's amazing new release, Conrad...

Yavar

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:59 am 

Thanks, Yavar! Fell asleep at the wheel there for a second :D

'The Ghost and the Darkness' added and, needless to say, ordered. I always love it when Goldsmith has his percussion section attempt to break through the floor of the studio! Another favourite in this regard is 'Small Soldiers'. It'd be nice to see an expanded version of this see the light of day legitimately at some point, if it can escape the Varese ivory tower. Although, truth be told, the original album is not a bad sampling at all and a well-arranged programme.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next