Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Craig Safan's WOLFEN (unused score)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:10 pm 

Wow, with the latest releases of TAG, CIRCUS, THE GREAT SMOKEY ROADBLOCK and THE GREAT TEXAS DYNAMITE CHASE (and older releases like REMO WILLIAMS and FADE TO BLACK), it's Craig Safan's fest ! And I couldn't complain about it !
Wolfen will be mine too ! ^^

Last edited by Anakin McFly on Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:24 pm 
Yeah, more Safan is always appreciated. There are plenty more unreleased gems of his to work on.

A couple years of Jerry Goldsmith-esque attention from the labels should do well in representing this very talented composer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:47 am 

To those who've asked, Scott Bettencourt did the liner notes. If Scott's previous (and excellent) notes are any indication, this edition of WOLFEN is more than worthy of a purchase. Plus, you get Safan's tremendous score -- double bonus!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:17 pm 

Thanks Jason, that would be me in that bunch, and I agree - Scott's writing is worth a
20 spot alone, I dig that cat! ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:08 am 

Have this in my play list again today. Actually playing Craig Safan's and then James Horner's back to back.

As far as Craig Safan's rejected score... Very different than anything he has ever done. Creepy. Effective. Downright disturbing in parts... plus, some very exciting moments. A fine score by one of the most under-rated and under-appreciated composers around.
Brilliant music.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:53 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
By chance, I stumbled upon an e-Bay auction for Craig Safan's unused score for WOLFEN today, which said " limited edition "Special Collection" series... very limited quantities were pressed - all of which are now SOLD OUT", which is obviously not true if you check here, because you can still order it.

Now, I remember that both Horner's and Safan's scores for WOLFEN were both released not too far apart and I picked up both. Horner's score (a grail for me) sold out rather quickly, and Safan's (very very good) unused score is still around. I wonder why Horner's sold out so quickly and Safan's is still available? Is it because the interest in Safan's score is so much greater than in Horner's score, that the latter one got deleted? Or is it the other way around, Horner's score sold quickly to the max (wow, would it be THAT popular?), whereas Safan's (less known since unused) score still has capacities?

Just something I'm curious about.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:39 am 

Finally 10, c'mon already!!!
Fantastic record, fantastic score - this wolf is sure hard to put down!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2